Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FINALLY!! Irish Justice System Prevails!...for once

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Blackjack wrote:
    Careful with that Tarring Brush now.

indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

Firstly:

You all seem pretty quick to judge him.

A jury of his peers judged him to be the murdering scumbag that he is and a judge decided his sentence. Unfortunately IMO the judge didn't make the sentence harsh enough - more's the pity.

If there is something you know that may change my opinion then educate me otherwise I'm not interested in your stupid comments !!!

R-N-B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    how come the newspapers/other media aren't making a big deal of the murderer's background? (the way they did with the Blackrock College/Annabels case)

in fact you'll probably notice that they only make an issue of it when posh boys commit crime

the inference being that the working classes can't be blamed because of the society they grew up in/lack of amenities/poor opportunites and prospects etc etc

funny how the vast majority of people from unprivileged areas are law-abiding citizens then :rolleyes:

Sorry, your post does justify a better response than my earlier one.

As regards the media only being interested when Posh boys commit crimes, this is true, but only because it sells papers.

As regards the inference to the working classes, I disagree, hence my comment as regards the tarring brush.

There does however tend to be a trend of Sympathy by judges (not necessarily by the media or Society in General) in certain cases if the individual is from an underpriveleged background to be lenient.

Background should have nothing to do with sentancing, and if where they come from is crap then Prison can only be sweet relief and they should be sent there for as long as practically possible.
    I'm all for tough sentancing on anti-social behavior, repeat offending and Mandatory sentancing for Murder cases. The cops have enough to do without having to deal with a little Bollix whose only contribution to society is to make it a less pleasant place for others to live in. Build more jails to house the feckers.

NAIL 'EM UP I SAY!!!

I will admit that I am probably a tad right wing in my views on this. I don't apologise for it. No my real name is not McDowell thank you very much.

/Rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Kingsize wrote:
    im no bleeding heart liberal but the death sentence should not exist in a civilised society,it solves nothing & is not a deterrent its half a step away from death camps .
    life should mean life however,
    You consider this a civilised society?? were no more civilised than apes, the only difference being, weve got better inventions, and they dont stab each other for mobile phones.
    A civilised society where a scumbag who paralyses a young boy with a stolen car can sue the boys parents to get back the pittance of a compensation he paid them??
    A civilised society where 15yr olds can murder people for a f*cking PHONE??
    A civilised society where a teenager can butcher his best friends mother just to steal a playstation from his house, then try to burn down the house, and watch from the sidelines as her son tries to save her life??
    Civilised my f*cking arse. These people deserve to be treated like they treated thier victims. With no mercy, and no remorse. Round them up, stick them on trains to the gulags, anyone steps out of line, theyre taking a shower in zyklon B before the end of the day.
    Youll see people become a damn sight more civilised to each other after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The problem with locking these kind of people up in prisons, however nasty, is that it costs us taxpayers money.

My solution is to simply find some inhabitable island somewhere, with all the facilities available for basic human life (and I mean basic), and just dump the little feckers there without any other support. If they want to survive they'll have to learn to cooperate with each other in a way normal society does or perish. If they don't kill each other first for a turnip or a sheep, that is. Maybe after 25 years or so, some of them might even be able to be returned to normal society, who knows?

Oh yes, and all the judges who continually let these people off, and the lawyers who accept some of the ridiculous cases outlined in the above post, should all be forced to permanently move house to the seediest scumbag infested parts of the country to see how they like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    funny how the vast majority of people from unprivileged areas are law-abiding citizens then

Yep, working class communities get a bad name because a few dicks are allowed the run of the place.
    You all seem pretty quick to judge him. If you lot were put into a jury it'd be like 12 Angry Men only without Henry Fonda. You don't know exactly what happened. You weren't there. You know that he stabbed him and he died, and nothing more.

There are complex cases with extremely complex motives for murder that people can only begin to fathom and yes the person involved may have deserved forgiveness. This isn't one of them though. He saw mobile phone, wanted mobile phone, decided it was worth more than human life and acted on it. Simple.
    He chose to plunge the knife knowing full well what could happen and he has to live with that just as the kid's mother does (and the killer's mother). If you feel sympathy for the kid's mother then maybe you should feel sympathy for the stabber.

It's highly unlikely he'll feel genuine remorse, and so he won't have to "live with it". Even prison works on the principle that it totally ruins a person's life aspirations as well as taking away their freedom. If you don't value those things then it takes away from the punishment. As a previous poster said, they should be made to do labour, just as people on the outside have to work.
    I can forgive someone for killing my parents or even me and I'm proud I can do this willingly.

Have you thought seriously about this? How can you forgive someone when you're dead? How much do you really love your parents if you can sympatise with someone for cold-bloodedly killing them and then bragging to their friends about it?
    PHB wrote:
    A society which pushes people to kill for a mobile phone, you don't think theres something wrong with that society?
    Thats what liberals say.

Fools. Yes modern society is infatuated with mobile phones, so? I like mobile phones, when I want a new mobile I work and save for it, I don't steal and kill for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

It would be interesting to know just how many people here would give up their mobile phone if threatened by skangers like Dunne and his mates?

Would you let it go and live, or say no and risk death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

seamus wrote:
    Anyone who'd been convicted more three times should be castrated, and their children confiscated.

Easy peasy.

Indeed Sir... stop the scumbag seeds from spreading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Ye all call yer man a scumbag, yet suggest things ranging from vigilateism to murder.

Like Pack animals ye all are, no different to him.

He is going to serve his time that is what this society, right or wrong, has decided is the punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Ye all call yer man a scumbag, yet suggest things ranging from vigilateism to murder.

He is going to serve his time that is what this society, right or wrong, has decided is the punishment.

Talking about and doing are two very different things, you can't compare that.

John

Lump wrote:
    Talking about and doing are two very different things, you can't compare that.

John

Ah so you mean posturing full of **** **** would be better then?

It would be interesting to know just how many people here would give up their mobile phone if threatened by skangers like Dunne and his mates?

Would you let it go and live, or say no and risk death?

Or the 3rd solution, phones that explode at the touch of a remote control :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

seamus wrote:
    Anyone who'd been convicted more three times should be castrated, and their children confiscated.

Easy peasy.

I think most of them ARE children...

I can forgive someone for killing my parents or even me and I'm proud I can do this willingly.

That is the most stupid statement I have ever read/heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dawballz wrote:
    I think most of them ARE children...
    Excellent. Means they've haven't had enough time to multiply too much.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Ah so you mean posturing full of **** **** would be better then?

No, but I think you should be banned, anyone agree?

John

• Advertisement

Lump wrote:
    No, but I think you should be banned, anyone agree?

John

hanging is too good etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

the_syco wrote:
    In this country, "life" is 25 years. So "life" + 14 years + 4 years suspended = 35 years, or less on good behaviour.
    I believe the 14 year sentence is to run concurrently. The 25 year life sentence is the absolute maximum time he can spend in jail for these crimes, so 8 to 10 is much more realistic.

Of course he will spend those 8 to 10 years working diligently to make a better future for himself when he gets out at the age of 27. He's probably already enrolled with the open university medicine course.

Or, more likely he'll spend those 8 to 10 years flaked out on heroin and when he gets out some more innocents will die horrible deaths for a few euro or a mobile phone before he gets thrown back inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

He will most likely be behind bars for 6-8 years at most... IMO that is not enough time. He has taken the life of an innocent kid for no reason....

Blub2k4 wrote:
    hanging is too good etc??

That means nothing to me BTW.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Stark wrote:
    Have you thought seriously about this? How can you forgive someone when you're dead? How much do you really love your parents if you can sympatise with someone for cold-bloodedly killing them and then bragging to their friends about it?
    dawballz wrote:
    That is the most stupid statement I have ever read/heard.

(Both of the above refere to my post about forgiving my parents' and/or my murderer(s) ^^^)

Yes. Yes I have thought seriously about this. Very seriously. Thanks for telling me that I can't forgive someone when I'm dead. :rolleyes: You obviously can't read properly as I believe I said I could forgive someone for my murder, without specifying death (e.g. attempted murder, forgiving someone before being killed or just plain knowing I have it in me to forgive them). I'm sorry I credited you with the intelegence and where-with-all to understand what I meant. Or, maybe you did understand but thought faking idiocy is worth it if you can add to the list of unfair posts on this thread.

It would seem my effort on this thread was in vain. Ce la vie.

P.S. Blub24k: Good Man! A little insulting but Good Man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

You obviously can't read properly as I believe I said I could forgive someone for my murder, without specifying death (e.g. attempted murder, forgiving someone before being killed or just plain knowing I have it in me to forgive them).

erm, what exactly do you think 'murder' means exactly :rolleyes:

(Both of the above refere to my post about forgiving my parents' and/or my murderer(s) ^^^)

Yes. Yes I have thought seriously about this. Very seriously. Thanks for telling me that I can't forgive someone when I'm dead. :rolleyes: You obviously can't read properly as I believe I said I could forgive someone for my murder, without specifying death (e.g. attempted murder, forgiving someone before being killed or just plain knowing I have it in me to forgive them). I'm sorry I credited you with the intelegence and where-with-all to understand what I meant. Or, maybe you did understand but thought faking idiocy is worth it if you can add to the list of unfair posts on this thread.

It would seem my effort on this thread was in vain. Ce la vie.

P.S. Blub24k: Good Man! A little insulting but Good Man!

Profile = 18-24 year old keyboard warriors who all think they have a handle on life when most of them couldn't wipe their own noses without mammys help.
    Make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

"in fact you'll probably notice that they only make an issue of it when posh boys commit crime"

well said,its things like the anabel killings & those tennis club f*ckers who beat up a cyclist on grafton st.That have prompted the (yet to come) battle
    against binge drinking.
    The government have no problem letting the plebs get pissed/stoned & killing each other.
    But sticking to the point ,dunne continously stabbed the poor kid after he had got the phone, also i have it on good authority him & his pals stole more than one phone that night.
    To be be fair no conviction can heal the wounds or bring back the dead person.& cosidering that Dunne was under age(or at least borderline) when the offence occured & that he was originally charged with manslaughter & that he was denying the charges against him.
    the sentence dished out was as fair as it was ever gonna be

Those of you who dont like spending taxpayers money on prisons should try finding a country that does not do it & go live there.
    Any government that systematically kills (regardless of what they have done)its own citizens is on shakey ground.theres a lot to be said for house arrest in my opinion & the technology exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Blub2k4 wrote:

hmm...intersting to see the liberal loose his cool...but then ye always do in a disagreement..

society...which one are you talking about? I suppose it all our fault for not showing him a better way? for better housing, education. Would this be the same society that you are proposing here. one of 'understanding'. You are sir, a classic example of the bull**** liberal agenda. you say each person here who disagrees with you is the same as him. When i woke up this morning i didnt have a need to get a steak knife to kill someone for a mobile phone. No , what i do is i goto work and EARN the thing like everyone else here!!!!

your liberal arguement is that we either agree with you that 'its society fault' or else we are all too dumb to understand the depth of your arguement. Only a liberal can espouse the views of understanding a thug like him yet will villify people here expressing their democratic rights in a PEACEFUL manner. it is you who is looseing your cool!

personally i dont believe SOCIETY had delivered its view.

if you want to solve these issues...
    1. we need more prison spaces, a surplus in fact. the reason is that if you get caught -- you will get prison

2. if we had zero tolerance (the reason New York is now safer then Dublin!) the first incidence of phone theft he would have been swamped with police, and jailed, the reasoning behind as PROVED in this case, that the people who cause small crimes are invariably involved in big ones and when the get a record, anythign they are subsequently caught for go towards a longer sentence.

3. why concurrent sentences? who decides this. they should not be concurrent...they should be consecutive....and life should mean life...

4. think about this...one generation ago, perhaps 2...people did not lock their doors...we forget that..you could leave work in the morning and arrive home to an unlocked house. U explain to me why i should not be allowed leave my front door wide open...?? Why do i need a car alarm? I know how we can solve this...it about respect. respect for others, respect for their rights, respect for their property, and respect for yourself. that thug has no honour. he has no code to live his life by other then feeding his illdiciplined moronic emotions. ..Stop blaming television, bad education, or where he lives mcdonalds or GW Bush! . I have a ton of people i know from some of the worst part of Dublin, and they have NEVER been involved in crime-- why beacuse they have honour. they have respect, one they earned and they have the type of respect you will only read about.. -- that thug made a decision on his own-- he is responsible for his actions ...he needs to pay....and personally i dont want to see him released....

I also see you support Marwhan Barghouti ...interesting that your liberal views also support the rights of people to strap nuts and bolts to maximise the carnage in a suicide bomb....classic....thanks for sharing...and spare me the Israeli story...you either are against murder or for it...there are no exceptions...remeber that the next time you see body parts ona wall...thats what YOU are supporting..and no i dont support israel either..before you rocket off on that hobby horse...

and finally, you sir, are one mugging away from joining the rest of us here.....wake up and stop reading and believing all that wine drinking, dinner party left wing kack....

theres not enough money here to "do" zero tolerance
    theres not enough tax generated how much does a mobile phone cost for ****s sake!
    a for new york being safer than Dublin? i'll take my chances here thanks.

hmm...intersting to see the liberal loose his cool...but then ye always do in a disagreement..

society...which one are you talking about? I suppose it all our fault for not showing him a better way? for better housing, education. Would this be the same society that you are proposing here. one of 'understanding'. You are sir, a classic example of the bull**** liberal agenda. you say each person here who disagrees with you is the same as him. When i woke up this morning i didnt have a need to get a steak knife to kill someone for a mobile phone. No , what i do is i goto work and EARN the thing like everyone else here!!!!

your liberal arguement is that we either agree with you that 'its society fault' or else we are all too dumb to understand the depth of your arguement. Only a liberal can espouse the views of understanding a thug like him yet will villify people here expressing their democratic rights in a PEACEFUL manner. it is you who is looseing your cool!

personally i dont believe SOCIETY had delivered its view.

if you want to solve these issues...
    1. we need more prison spaces, a surplus in fact. the reason is that if you get caught -- you will get prison

2. if we had zero tolerance (the reason New York is now safer then Dublin!) the first incidence of phone theft he would have been swamped with police, and jailed, the reasoning behind as PROVED in this case, that the people who cause small crimes are invariably involved in big ones and when the get a record, anythign they are subsequently caught for go towards a longer sentence.

3. why concurrent sentences? who decides this. they should not be concurrent...they should be consecutive....and life should mean life...

4. think about this...one generation ago, perhaps 2...people did not lock their doors...we forget that..you could leave work in the morning and arrive home to an unlocked house. U explain to me why i should not be allowed leave my front door wide open...?? Why do i need a car alarm? I know how we can solve this...it about respect. respect for others, respect for their rights, respect for their property, and respect for yourself. that thug has no honour. he has no code to live his life by other then feeding his illdiciplined moronic emotions. ..Stop blaming television, bad education, or where he lives mcdonalds or GW Bush! . I have a ton of people i know from some of the worst part of Dublin, and they have NEVER been involved in crime-- why beacuse they have honour. they have respect, one they earned and they have the type of respect you will only read about.. -- that thug made a decision on his own-- he is responsible for his actions ...he needs to pay....and personally i dont want to see him released....

I also see you support Marwhan Barghouti ...interesting that your liberal views also support the rights of people to strap nuts and bolts to maximise the carnage in a suicide bomb....classic....thanks for sharing...and spare me the Israeli story...you either are against murder or for it...there are no exceptions...remeber that the next time you see body parts ona wall...thats what YOU are supporting..and no i dont support israel either..before you rocket off on that hobby horse...

and finally, you sir, are one mugging away from joining the rest of us here.....wake up and stop reading and believing all that wine drinking, dinner party left wing kack....

I dont think I lost my cool, I generally have the opinion here that the keyboard warriors are full of it, I just wait for my chances to voice this opinion, this is one of them.

The likes of idiots that espouse the idea that cops should hammer people no questions asked, he thinks that until it happens to him or his....spare me your tripe mr analyst man.

the reality of zero tolerance is reassignment of police not more. What it requires is a change in police tactics. So you dont send 50 police to a bank robbery but you do send 5 to a theft. you always do fingerprints at a crime scene like robbery. . and also people who commit crime tend to commit a lot. the thug is a case in point. if the police had arrested him at the first assault...they kid would be alive. this is not blaming the police, as i said its the thugs fault.

so for instance, ignoring drug taking on the main street is actually encouraging it..becasue other drug takers see it as acceptable...and so the drain cycle begins..we are now accepting lower standards as fact. i say we should not

I dont think you should keep your phone either mate..what i said was the police should respond to the problem.

well, i like you prefer dublin! but you have to admit for new york to move from one of the most violent places per person to one of the safest is no small feat...and a lesson for us.

personally i think a few small changes would have huge effects in ireland. we are a good natured race, look for instance, at the smoking ban..plastic bags....for gods sake -- even the euro adoption!

we can have close to heaven...we just have to want it....

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I dont think I lost my cool, I generally have the opinion here that the keyboard warriors are full of it, I just wait for my chances to voice this opinion, this is one of them.

The likes of idiots that espouse the idea that cops should hammer people no questions asked, he thinks that until it happens to him or his....spare me your tripe mr analyst man.

i dont recall supporting police brutality...but perhaps you can show me where i said that. ..and yet again i would not dare analyse you. you are doing a great job of that yourself...

i dont recall supporting police brutality...but perhaps you can show me where i said that. ..and yet again i would not dare analyse you. you are doing a great job of that yourself...

Now if you read the whole thread you would know what I am talking about, but you didn't you just jumped in to attack a liberal, now go back to polishing your jackboots and Republican bumper stickers ( see I can generalise about right-wits too ;))

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Profile = 18-24 year old keyboard warriors who all think they have a handle on life when most of them couldn't wipe their own noses without mammys help.
    Make me sick.
    I'm 15, in school, very happy in life, fully capable and and above hate speech concerning people who don't even have a chance for rebuttle on this website.

Bloody hell man, I compliment you and you go off at me. What's that about?
    Kingsize wrote:
    But sticking to the point ,dunne continously stabbed the poor kid after he had got the phone
    So he continuously stabbed him. That makes a difference but doesn't change my mind on the matter (apart from him being sorry in the slightest (he's obviously not)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I'm 15, in school

and theres the explanation folks

Yes the fact that I was born 15 years ago and that the government forces me to go to school must be the explaination for whatever it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 why_ask_me_2_b

Gurgle wrote:
    The gardai imho are doing all they can, its the judges that let the whole system down.

The real problem tbh is the whole Judicial system. Its wrong and should be re-written. Look what happened when a Judge recently took a "common sense" decision to jail all those pr.icks that drink drive and get caught. Some complete gobshi.te of a minister stands up and says "But that would be against the Judicial sytem of our land".. Wait till he gets killed or paralysed by a drunk driver and then tell me that the guy (drunk driver) should have been let go with a caution, sure it was a first time offense. IMHO we need more of these "realistic", (or so called, hard line) Judges in our system to sort out the scum from the top of the pot!! Thats my two cent anyway.

But the law is there for a reason. You can't just break it because you think it's right or choose which law to follow. The system only works properly if everyone tries to follow it. Now if the law was changed to imprison first time drink-drive offenders that minister probably wouldn't have a problem with supporting that law (I know I wouldn't). The judge did society as a whole a bigger disservice by sending him to prison than he did a service.

Now don't get me wrong, I think they should be sent to prison first time but not while the law doesn't allow it. I'm all for changing the law to fit the sentence the judge imparted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Trebor wrote:
    i would have to agree with this aswell, best thing bring back corpral punishment and let the gaurds kick lumps out of people for small offenses like stealing, anti-social behaviour and other small crimes that waste too much time and money in the courts for the guy just to get off with a warning. a broken arm, that should be warning enough!!! and if they were proved wrong they could offer comenpsation
    Deadwing wrote:
    These people deserve to be treated like they treated thier victims. With no mercy, and no remorse. Round them up, stick them on trains to the gulags, anyone steps out of line, theyre taking a shower in zyklon B before the end of the day.

Has this approach ever worked - anywhere in the world? Ever?
    gimmick wrote:
    And i feel no sympathy for his parents either. They saw on a daily basis the type of rat bag they were 'raising'. They should have taken some action, tried to teach him the difference between right and wrong etc. If they couldnt do that, they should have made him a ward of the courts.
    Wards of Court judgements are about management of assets - nothing to do with this kind of behaviour. Do you really reckon that parenting of such a teenager is simple? Tell us in detail what you actually expect his parent to do?

I'm 15, in school, very happy in life, fully capable and and above hate speech concerning people who don't even have a chance for rebuttle on this website.

Bloody hell man, I compliment you and you go off at me. What's that about?

So he continuously stabbed him. That makes a difference but doesn't change my mind on the matter (apart from him being sorry in the slightest (he's obviously not)).

Sorry you misconstrued what I was saying as an attack on you, that is not the case, I'm sorry that you read it wrong.
    I didn't mean you at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

that pos got off lightly

we need an eye for an eye texas style justice

scum should fear the law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But the law is there for a reason. You can't just break it because you think it's right or choose which law to follow. The system only works properly if everyone tries to follow it. Now if the law was changed to imprison first time drink-drive offenders that minister probably wouldn't have a problem with supporting that law (I know I wouldn't). The judge did society as a whole a bigger disservice by sending him to prison than he did a service.

I couldn't dissagree more. Laws are created to protect us, not to be used against us. Should so many criminals be let go just because of technicalities, while the victims have to suffer for the rest of their lives? Living to the letter of the law is too simplistic and idealistic. Life doesn't work like that. Judges should be allowed to make judgement calls in situations like this. Defendants can appeal if they want to.

And as for the killer, it gives a small bit of comfort knowing that for the next 8-10 years he'll be scared to pick up the soap in the shower!

Hopefully they'll shove a vibrating phone up his ass.

• Advertisement

stick them on trains to the gulags, anyone steps out of line, theyre taking a shower in zyklon B before the end of the day.

yeah cool & i take it then ,that you'll trust the elected representatives in power (+ the judges /attorneys that they appoint) to make the descision as to who goes on these gulag trains to ther death, & when they come for you who is going to say anything in your defence ???..............

we do live in a so called civilised society thats not to say that what you mentioned does not happen .
    By your rationale(the law of the jungle) it was the victims fault for not defending himself

Kingsize wrote:
    we do live in a so called civilised society thats not to say that what you mentioned does not happen .
    By your rationale(the law of the jungle) it was the victims fault for not defending himself

Eh no, by my rationale, it was the killers fault by repeatedly stabbing the poor kid.

Eh no, by my rationale, it was the killers fault by repeatedly stabbing the poor kid.

for which he should be sent to the gas chamber ????
    so what you're advocating is the orchestrated mass muder of innocent people as opposed to the tragic random murder of innocent people.???

Kingsize wrote:
    for which he should be sent to the gas chamber ????

Yes.

& do you trust the judiciary to make the descisions to gas these people?
    so presumably under your system of justice a good old undesirable junkie like dimebag darrell would be locked up in one of these gulags awaiting a "shower" or "re-education" & not shot dead by a crazed fan.

Kingsize wrote:
    & do you trust the judiciary to make the descisions to gas these people?
    so presumably under your system of justice a good old undesirable junkie like dimebag darrell would be locked up in one of these gulags awaiting a "shower" or "re-education" & not shot dead by a crazed fan.

Undesireable junkie? last time i checked dimebag darrell never stabbed someone to death for a mobile phone, so take your argument and cram it up your swiss roll.

• Advertisement

Deadwing wrote:
    Undesireable junkie? last time i checked dimebag darrell never stabbed someone to death for a mobile phone, so take your argument and cram it up your swiss roll.

Touché!!!!!!

if dimebag was involved in drugs or violence or (heres a good one) incitement to violence or hatred he presumably (under your great proposed government)would qualify for the gas chamber.The mere fact that he looked the way he did would be seen as a bad influnece & he could be sent to his death as an "anti social" or undesirable.
    (now your probably going to tell me he got the name dimebag cos he always broughtthe contents of his piggy bank with him when donating money to the local orphanage )

i was making a very cynical but valid point,once you give the government the power to kill anybody you are empowering them (& all successive governments ) to kill everybody.
    this is the "justice" system that you envisage, this is how it would be implemented,history & current events have proven this.
    how many mass graves have to be dug before people will see this.
    i mentioned this before Dunne did not stab the poor kid for his phone, he threatened him,stole the phone & still stabbed him which is why the Charge was changed to murder.
    Of course under your system it wouldnt matter because being from the same area of the city the victim and the perpitrator would both be on the gulag trains wouldnt they?

what about motorists who kill people on accidents- death sentence for them too i suppose?

Kingsize wrote:
    if dimebag was involved in drugs or violence or (heres a good one) incitement to violence or hatred he presumably (under your great proposed government)would qualify for the gas chamber.The mere fact that he looked the way he did would be seen as a bad influnece & he could be sent to his death as an "anti social" or undesirable.
    (now your probably going to tell me he got the name dimebag cos he always broughtthe contents of his piggy bank with him when donating money to the local orphanage )

i was making a very cynical but valid point,once you give the government the power to kill anybody you are empowering them (& all successive governments ) to kill everybody.
    this is the "justice" system that you envisage, this is how it would be implemented,history & current events have proven this.
    how many mass graves have to be dug before people will see this.
    i mentioned this before Dunne did not stab the poor kid for his phone, he threatened him,stole the phone & still stabbed him which is why the Charge was changed to murder.
    Of course under your system it wouldnt matter because being from the same area of the city the victim and the perpitrator would both be on the gulag trains wouldnt they?

what about motorists who kill people on accidents- death sentence for them too i suppose?

Unless they are his friends or relations of course. Uday and Qusay had a similar cosey arrangement going.

Kingsize wrote:

i was making a very cynical but valid point

No, you made a very ill-informed and retarded point, theres a difference.
    And besides, if you think im actually paying attention or caring about anything you write, well then youre a bigger fool then you sound. You can write the most well researched, well informed, most glorious post ever in the history of boards.ie for all i care, but youd still be wrong, and id still be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Yes the fact that I was born 15 years ago and that the government forces me to go to school must be the explaination for whatever it is.

no the fact that you are 15 explains that your opinions arent very well thought out or applicable in the real world. you will learn this in time.

i can guarantee you that if you look back on that statement about forgiving someone for killing your parents in 10 years you'll see what a pile of toss it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement