Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Region hack for Lidls recent, Targa DVH 5100x?

Options
  • 21-12-2004 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Lidl were selling a home cinema system last week, it was a 5.1 DVD/video/radio player called Targa DVH 5100x. It works great, but was just wondering if there was any Region hacks that any one knows about?

Was just wondering because people had a hack for the recent Aldi DVD player the day it was released! Any help would be great:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

thanks for the link, but I think those hacks are for the DP 5100x and DR 5100x.

If I found any hacks for the DVH 5100x or anything useful I'll post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Got one, this is indeed for the DVH 5100x (have heard it works for DP 5100x) as well.

Go to this site http://www.targa.gmxhome.de/frieschalten_des_regionalcodes.htm
    Download the file kpjct19_1.dvd to your Desktop. Make SURE this file is named EXACTLY this way if not rename it.

Now create another folder on your desktop called RMTM0000 inside this folder create another folder called SCARLET.

Now copy the kpjct19_1.dvd file from your desktop and paste it into the SCARLET Folder. Now burn the RMTM0000 folder to a CD*.

After this is finished place the CD into your Targa Player and close the door. You will get a screen telling you the unit is on region 2 select 0-6 to change. Select 0 and press pause button to save.

WALLA Enjoy all Movies.

* Make sure CD is a CD-R, not CD-RW. Burn using Nero. Can have any lable, make sure you have the "Finalize" box checked. Set the "Character Set" as ISO 9660.

Worked fine, was able to play my region 1 DVDs no problem afterwards :)

[edit]Explained better[/edit]

Advertisement