Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick question, DVD+Rs in Cork

• 21-12-2004 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Going xmas shopping and need some DVD+Rs, can any one suggest somewhere cheap in Cork city to get some? 25 or 50 pack would be nice.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Only place I can think of would be compustore on Plunkett street, which would only be cheap compared to the Cork Computer Clinic (quite possibly the worst place you could ever go for computer parts, unless you really enjoy getting fleeced).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I hate to say it but I wouldn't buy anything computer-related in Cork unless it was a dire emergency. The only exception would be PC Pro's outlet store, which can be quite competitive, however you need a trade account with them.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

cherrio wrote:
    Going xmas shopping and need some DVD+Rs, can any one suggest somewhere cheap in Cork city to get some? 25 or 50 pack would be nice.

Think it was Soundstore that was advertising on RedFM about them recently. They had good prices but i can't remember off the top of my head. Other than that, i'd ring Elro Computer Systems. They do all our IT stuff & have good prices although take no notice of the prices on their site as they're developing a new site at the mo). They don't have a trade counter though so i don't know if the DVD's would be delivered before Xmas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Just picked up some today from Compustore (I hate that place too... but I was being lazy about it). It's inexpensive for decent 4x (memorex E40 for a 50 cakebox).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Passed through Penrose Wharf the other day.There is a comp shop upstairs facing North by the Gardai Social Club. Anybody been in there :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dahamsta wrote:
    I hate to say it but I wouldn't buy anything computer-related in Cork unless it was a dire emergency. The only exception would be PC Pro's outlet store, which can be quite competitive, however you need a trade account with them.

adam

Indeed... oh how I love PC Pro :D And in direct contrast, how I hate those times it takes 45 mins to drive down Forge Hill to get to PC Pro. The only times you should consider buying computers or parts locally is when you cant wait for the post, i.e. Christmas :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't talk to me about Forge Hill, I had go down that way twice this week, the second time because I didn't know DHL had taken over Securicor Omega. Trying to get out of the area is a forking nightmare.

First time I went up Forge Hill and left onto the Airport Road, U-Turn back up when I saw the traffic, down to Grange and the South Douglas Road. Second time it was quicker to get onto the West Cork dual carriageway and swing back at the Wilton roundabout. Madness!

Back on topic though, I find that although PC Pro aren't cheaper than buying online, they're usually pretty close. Got my Maxtor OneTouch there, for example, for the same price as the cheapest I could find online. And of course I'm supporting a local business, so how bad.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Q&V Ballincollig, near Aldi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

If your in ballincollig try pcdirect ... got one or two bargains but nothing special. www.pcdirect.ie I got 100 Memorex CD'rs for 24.99.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Lidl have 5 DVD -r for 6.99 , spindles of Cds - can't remember the quantity but they work out at 26c each...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you could try these guys. they`re somewhere near Macroom. http://www.irldvd.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

down to 4.99 in lidl fermoy last time i was there

Q&V have gone seriously downhill. Back when it was Hollywood there was an almost half decent selection of peripherals there. Nowadays youre lucky if you can pick up anything more than a box of floppies there.

And to my immense horror, I have to get a multifunction printer later from Soundstore :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Aldi had some Lexmark multi-function jobbies out there yesterday - less than 100eur - either 99.99 or 79.99 - can't remember

yeah... but lexmark are pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

E18.99 for 25 DVD-R in Q&V, da Collig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Thanks for all the replies, got 25pack in Q&V for 18.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

you can get cakes of 25 4X DVD+R's in Soundstore in Blackpool for only €15! They work fine aswell...

Advertisement