Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB pop mail issues

• 21-12-2004 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

HAs anyone else had the eircom pop server refuse to let you send or recivce mail ?

I know We have IBB connection and it seems that the eircom mail hosting server will not let my mail cilent connect as an IBB connection is not allowed.

and yes i have looked about for other emailing services that will allow me to pop my mail but they all seem to have gone to subcription only if i could i'd change the email and never have to look at the eircom website again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

IOL would only let me receive POP mail but not send POP mail when I logged in from IBB or any other ISP.

To your other point, GMAIL works fine via POP from IBB. I've no invites left, but there was a thread floating around....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

Fibonacci wrote:
    IOL would only let me receive POP mail but not send POP mail when I logged in from IBB or any other ISP.

To your other point, GMAIL works fine via POP from IBB. I've no invites left, but there was a thread floating around....

Eircoms the same (it makes sense from a spam POV).

Also Eircom webmail is a bit odd.

Once you login to webmail.eircom.net all the mail you have waiting is moved into
    a mailbox which is not pop accessible. That means if you use webmail then
    you cannot then use a mail client to retreive any mail you checked on webmail.
    It is left in limbo, you have to use webmail to view it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

keep your incoming mailserver as Eircom and change the outgonig one to smtp.irishbroabdand.ie.

It should then work from any mail client

• Registered Users Posts: 43 broadband

are you using smtp.irishbroadband.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I didnt know that IBB had a mail server my SO got it installed and didnt tell me grrr. All sorted now Thank you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement