Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hellsing

• 21-12-2004 3:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

so...are there any fans of this here?..i have just seen the first 6 episodes but it has really impressed me so far..i love anything vampire-themed (as long as its good of course)..and the soundtrack is catchy too...its only 13 episodes long and i dont know when or if the next series is going to be coming out..apparently they want to wait until the manga is finished...its all very confusing...but back to the topic..who here likes it and why?
    hellsing_1001lm.jpg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh you poor, poor soul :/

You're in the same place I was a few years ago.
    If I were you, I wouldn't watch the rest of the series; it's my all time favourite for the music, the manga, the artwork and the whole premise; but the art changes after 6 and the story loses coherency.
    Really a damn shame because I'm obsessed with it!

I learned how to use Paint Shop just to make a Hellsing sig.
    It also spawned my undying interest in anime in general.

m2a_sig_3.gif

hs_2.png

and my avatar on every other forum I use is Alucard :p
    alucard_01.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I love Hellsing...but I don't know if they're making any more. The manga is pretty good as well, Paladin is a lot more prominant in it. Which rocks (major fan of Paladin here)

Question, what the hell is with Seras' fluctuating cup-size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Hellsing is cool, only watched the first 5 episodes yet but I like the design.

While I was in Japan this year there was the movie released on dvd, deadly box, in form of a coffin :)

If I remember the 2 Japanese dvd boxes released for the dvds could be combined together to form a woodent box and each box was given with a gun replica, if you placed the boxes together it was forming a box for the 2 guns.

Update// Happy Pingoo, I found screens of the limited japanese edition, look and cry :D
    http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=387

Sweet Zombie Jesus on a pogo stick I want those so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm halfway through this aswell and so far I am enjoying it alot. Never been really interested in the whole vampire theme until this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Sweet a movie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah, i heard about the animation changing midway,apparently its becasue it was shared out to different animation studios to cut costs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

The anime got ahead of the manga so they ended it with a storyline they pulled out of their arses. The animation was farmed out to Korea in the latter half because of budget.

Plot wise it's cliched to the max. We have a cool looking completely unstoppable quasi-hero and generic anime girl with enourmous breasts. The premise gets boring after a while because of the fact that Alucard is unstoppable. He's simply inhuman. Riddle him with bullets, knives, chop off of his head and back he comes.

The parts where they touch on the British Monarchy, Ireland, The Vatican and Catholicism are simply hilarious.

Like most anime though, it's good brainless fun. Impossibly big guns, vampires and zombies. What more could you ask for?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Possibly a sense of humour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

actually if you want lack of sense of humour, vampire hunter D - bloodlust falls into that - especially because the dub is so lackluster :)

• Advertisement

Um crash....Bloodlust was originally made in english

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

Yup, he's right. They did a Japanese dub some time later, but it didn't even make it on to the Japanese DVD release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

thats even worse, i assumed it was just a bad dub. oh god :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Storyline a bit iffy at times but really cool animation and characters, was well worth the watch anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

It was the first full series I watched so its special to me for that, I suppose. Plot-wise it isn't great, especially after the first six episodes but atmospherically it's wonderful, mainly because of the score. The animation is pretty good too. And it doesn't have any of that slapstick stuff that is present in a lot of anime that gets annoying if overused.

And Walter...pure sexiness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

I LOVE HELLSING!!!!! :D
    i've seen the entire series and read all the manga.. personally, i like the manga more than the anime because the manga is wittier.. like in the part when he's holding police girl and alucard says "mission accomplished: there were no survivors." and he's talking to this large crowd of policemen and integra.. and someone says "then what's that?" and police girl says "heh heh *nervous laughter* i'm sorry!"
    it's soooo amusing!!
    i also *love* the soundtrack ^_^

Advertisement