Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good telescope ?

Options
  • 21-12-2004 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Been travelling around the world for the last 15months and while in Asia i picked up a cheap pair of binoculars and have been checking out the moon with surprising clarity.
    So ive been thinking of getting a decent telescope some time in the new year, after a bit of browsing ive come across the Meade ETX-70AT, looks quite good (well to an absoulte beginner). Is this just fancy gizmo or is it a good scope ? What kind of quality can i expect ? I want to get up close and personal with the moon and planets and stuff ? Will mars still be a tiny red dot ???

Also if you do recommend this scope , where should i get it. On www.telescopes.com it works out a hell of a lot cheaper even with international shipping but they wont send to Ireland for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

hey Homah,
    try this site:
    www.irishastronomy.org
    there have been los of reviews on the ETX-70 as it was on sale last month in Lidl. Alot of members there have posted their experiences of it, and also some pictures taken with it.

Seanie.

Advertisement