Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E36 316 Q

Options
  • 21-12-2004 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hi folks!

i have purchased a 94 one of these, im pleased with it, the build quality is second to none, and its well looked after, 110k on the clock

however, its rather lacking some welly, is a filter upgrade any use, as im sure there is lotsw of tweaking that can be done with these cars?

i know 'nothing much' about bmw's btw, apart from the build quality and reliability........

also, there is just hubcap covers on the wheels, bbs lookalikes or whatnot.

would kosei 16" rims look bland on this car, i mean, do u need to get bmw specific alloys ?

if kosei rims do look bland, i got 16" koseis with brand new tyres for sale, these are from my honda which was stole by scums.....

thanks for the advice.

ps: finally, i sense the need for a rear led spoiler and front fog lights maybe.....where can i get these and what is the cost. i am NOT Putting any more crap onto this...... :D

if they cost too much i will forsake them !

thanks in advance..

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

micksgarage.com have fog lights, last I checked you're looking at about 40 euro per light.. not including fitting of course.

As for the spoiler.. I used to love spoilers on the e36, then I got a 316 without a spoiler and thought they'd be ugly with one.. I have a 320 now with a spoiler on it and I'm still not convinced by them to be honest..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

wheels - you will need to ensure that the offset is correct. Any irregularity in the wheels and you will hate the drive! IMO spurious alloys don't look as good as BMW alloys and they are heavier also. Have a look in some breakers years, buy & sell, ebay.co.uk for a decent set.
    performance - go for the following but don't exect too much!
    1 K&N Filter
    2 Chip
    3 Bigger Throttle body
    4 Sports exhaust
    TBH your best bet to get a few extra horses is to get a bigger engine! You could also try and source a LSD (not sure of the correct ratio for you) but this would add a bit of fun.
    Lastly, forget about the lack of power, learn how to properly handle the car (no offence to your driving skills!)!
    Also German & Swedish (off the Nangor Rd) are very good for OEM parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

hey kbannon,

cheers for that, i dont think my budget will extend to all that engine work,

im a student ffs and im already broke after buying it...... :D

maybe next year <which isnt so far away now,lol>

E

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The last track day I was at there was an E30 316i keeping similar times to E30 M3s purely becuaese the humble 316i driver knew how to get the most out of a car and managed to handle the car better in and out of the corners!
    Don't assume that because you don't have a great power to weight ratio that your car isn't up to much!

Advertisement