Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ESB Telecoms Website

Options
  • 21-12-2004 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this was posted before but a very good site from ESB Telecoms.

http://www.esbtelecoms.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Great to see the ESB not forget the lorry drivers in connection with optic fibre deployment.
    See bottom right map: "National Truck Fibre Optic Network MANs and BAP and Spatial Strategy"
    http://www.esbtelecoms.ie/infrastructure/national_maps.htm

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

Right ESB already have a a base fibre network up and running. They have a good network of wires to every house in the country, have a billing system already set up and are long term planners/investors. Why don't they themselves roll out a fibre to the home plan (since the BPL method doesn't really work great). They really are an ideal competiter and are competent in my experience. Surely this is the untapped solution to broadband in this country and a few other countries as well. The ESB are already replacing poles around the country so why couldn't the teams replacing the poles just string up fibre as well and run it back to their own network. I would have no problem with the ESB delivering power and telecom/BB to me. Are they just lacking in guts, ambition or would comreg or the government kill the idea as they did an ESB investment somewhere foreign a few years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

That is true actually. They are renewing the network right now in my area - thats wires, poles transmitters, - the lot....which must be costing an absolute fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Why Oh why cant this get sorted, Eircoms network seems to be pretty much fook for the next few years, sat BB is out but not offering much more than standard has to offer, I mean 512k /s is pathetic, MrBlack you hit the nail on the head with your suggestion (Fibre to home BB) Countries problems solved...... No wait we have to deal with comreg and poxy Telecom Eireann, Fibre to home, fibre to home, fibre to home lalalalalalalalalalalala.........

Fooking Eircom :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Here's an idea - we all need to encourage the ESB to actually do this, every last one of us. I'm going to send them an email today. Could anyone find out email address(es) which could be used? They are doing a lot of work everywhere (albeit not loads) and now is the time for them to install fibre-optic cables.

On the point of replacing transformers, they replaced the pole which has the transformer on it but they kept the old overloaded transformer supplying 8 houses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement