Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hand from last night (Monday)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I wouldn't but we will never know. I just think the blinds looked weak and thought it was an easy steal because he cought some of the flop and most likely is miles ahead.

Put yourself in the rock's position. He probably thinks the blinds are playing junk and he can take this one down easily with a big bet.

I think if he'd have limped with 10's, he's not gonna lash all his chips at it when it looks as though the blinds can't even beat a bluff.

I see where your coming from, but the massive over bet tends to to suggest otherwise to me, maybe your right though. Personaly if I was betting here I would bet between 2k & 3k whether I had AJ, 10 10, or 23s; no point in giving the bastards any more information than you have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

He is only going all in when he can take a call so it doesnt matter wheter the blinds are on junk or not theyll fold to any bet if they have junk not only the overbet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    He could have AJ, AK, KQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, KJ and may well have played it the same way with any of them so of those you are behind 5 out of 8.
    DeV.
    It depends on who this mysterious rock is. Even the tightest of Fitz players are going to raise on AA, KK, AK, QQ, JJ in an unraised pot. Nobody want the blinds to sneak in and hit 2 pair on a J72 flop.

Personally I'd say the limper called PF with something like KQ, KJ, K10, QJ.

On the flop in question he has hit a pair and a draw. Not a strong hand but likely fairly ahead of the SB and BB. QJ would be my choice middle pair and an OESD. He's a little nervous one of the blinds might have a lone K and wants the pot right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fine so say he has the King and the openender, Ive got a perfectly playable stack so why risk it on a hand where I may be slightly ahead Im 50/50 against KJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

your were probably right oscar..

bearing in mind this rock limped in pre flop i reckon he's got either KQ, KJ, KT - you're only either winning marginally,tieing or looking for 2 outs. It's not like there's a lot of dead money in the pot to make it a worth while risk (depends though on who this rock was..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

bohsman wrote:
    Fine so say he has the King and the openender, Ive got a perfectly playable stack so why risk it on a hand where I may be slightly ahead Im 50/50 against KJ
    Because in his mind if you had KT you would have bet on the scary flop. By checking you're indicating to him that you don't have a hand worth betting, so he's either waaayy ahead or you're slowplaying a monster, made straight or top set or something. If you have a marginal then you're folding to his all-in.

He's gambling that you don't have a monster. If you have a marginal like he does then he's making it very difficult for you to call when he pushes all-in.

Who is this mystery rock by the way?

Advertisement