Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Breakfast Show On DCAL FM 103.2

• 21-12-2004 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

The all new Breakfast Show will debut on Dublin City Anna Livia FM on January 3rd 2005. It will run Monday - Friday from 8:00 - 9:30 am. Bringing you the best in entertainment, gigs, tv, movies, sport, news and music. So make sure you wake up to Colm & Fry every morning at 8 on 103.2 FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Waking up at 8am?? That's a tad late isn't it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭col1032

i asked for a 7am start but the station feel that beginning with an 8am start will be best for a trial run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Congrats Colin, I'll probably see you around the station (If we still have our show :) )

We do The Fast Lane on Monday and Fridays from 4.30 to 7

What sort of music you going to put out?

I would like to put out the same stuff I play on Wednesdays 4:30-6:30 which is more alt. rock then the usual chart stuff but we'll see what listeners respond to.

col1032 wrote:
    I would like to put out the same stuff I play on Wednesdays 4:30-6:30 which is more alt. rock then the usual chart stuff but we'll see what listeners respond to.

Listener response? :eek: I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Until they get a text line up and running there'll be little or no response. I imagine there'll be nobody in at that hour to man the phone for you (Not that many people ring in)

Did B.J. tell you if they plan to try and get a bit of publicity for the new launch?

• Advertisement

Aha text line is on the way. Just needs to be hooked up. I have been using a number on Wednesdays from a spare phone i have and we get a great response. Until the text line gets set up we'll be using that so you can use it 2 if you want but ive been told that the computer is being installed very soon.

I havent had word with him over publicity but I shall. I have been trying to plug it everywhere I can lately

Good stuff, I suppose they have to have everything up and running for the licence application. I said it to BJ about getting the text line provided and sponsored by one of the mobile phone networks because we got loads of money from O2. When I was in college the radio station did that and got a ridiculous amount for it, something like €2000 for 2 weeks

thats excellent. cos we really need that and that would get the place going again financially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Damn, I'm jealous, I applied to Anna Livia to see if I could get work on a show or to help produce (I have experience from college radio) and I never got any reply.
    Bah. How did you lads swing it?

Ive been there a year now. Started as a sound engineer, then did sports on good morning dublin, club notes on gaa sportsdesk and managed to get the 4:30 drivetime music slot in the summer. I then got the chance to present noise annoys and now finally producing and presenting the breakfast show. what college are ya in?

• Advertisement

col1032 wrote:
    Ive been there a year now. Started as a sound engineer, then did sports on good morning dublin, club notes on gaa sportsdesk and managed to get the 4:30 drivetime music slot in the summer. I then got the chance to present noise annoys and now finally producing and presenting the breakfast show. what college are ya in?

In trinity college, which isn't that far from the studios I think. Did a number of shows during my 2nd year there, now in 3rd year. Really miss doing it; didn't get back from the USA on time after a J1 summer to get any shows.
    Are they still taking people on? I checked on www.volunteeringireland.com and there seem to be places. I applied twice but never got any replies.

yeah theyre still taking people on. its starting to get on alot better than before. contact them at 865 80 20 and ask to speak to the station manager BJ and tell him cos i know he wants to take more people on.

On a different note to everyone check out the new website Colm N Fry Online

Cool, thanks, I'll do that. Do you know what sort of slots are available?

not sure to be honest. I may hvae section on the breakfast show twice a week. Are you into sport by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

I've tried several times to contact BJ by email and nothing doing, it always comes back marked 'inbox full". Thanks for that number, will give them a try.

I think BJ has been to busy over the last couple of months with the licence application and finance problems to think about recruitment. I know there were a lotof people sending in CVs about a month ago looking for work experience and he told them we had enough. I'd say now (or over the next month or two) would be a good time to apply because with new shows getting off the ground people will want a hand. I know they're ALWAYS looking for techs.

It'll be interesting to see if there are any major differences in the new schedule. If I'm going to be completely frank there was too many "iffy" programmes on the old one, particularly all those pre-recorded American shows.

There are obviously a lot of people who want to do shows, why not give them a chance. Also they need to intorduce some sort of regularity to the schedule.

The biggest problem with the station though in my opinion is the lack of social interaction. I rarely see anyone in the station apart from a couple of usual suspects.

Hopefully they'll get a couple of computers and set up editing stations so there might be more of a reason for people to be there. It's like a morgue 99% of the time.

By the way Colin, just had a look at your site, thanks for sticking an ad for us on :)

Thats true man. Need some regulars in the station that people will keep tuning into and then hopfully pick up on other programmes.Although I have a feeling things will definitley pick up from here. And yes techs are ALWAYS needed!!!!! Cant stress that enough so get ringing. everythings back 2 normal from tuesday.

No problem with the link. Should be doin a few more. You guys got a site yet?

Cheers,
    Colm

No, we started off with all these grand ideas but most of them fell by the wayside :)

We've finished college, and at the moment, for some the show is secondary to finding a job, not an easy task :(

Well if it helps I can do ya's up a little site just to have online until you guys wanna get another one

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'll say it to the others

Advertisement