Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I find this ridiculous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I must say that is a bit worrying.

But I am quite sure that the costs of giving people more space will ensure little change in the space allotments to the economy class passengers.

Its one of the reasons I simply hate long haul flights (all 6 that I've had) ... if you are in anyway tall or bigger than average it's just plain fkin uncomfortable.
    Free drinks was genuinely the only comfort offered.

JAK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just make sure that you get work to book the plan tickets and that its at the last minute, business class is the only thing thats left...
    mmmmm big chairs

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I know that the business section on an Aer Lingus plane pays for the cost of the flight 2 or 3 times. The economy class seats are just a bonus.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Last february I broke my leg in a skiing accident over in Germany, I'd gone out as part of a group on Ryanair, suffered the horrible leg space restrictions, and arrived in Paris, then had a long Bus journey to Germany....anyways, the doctor over there insisted I get 3 seats on the plane home, so I got it booked up and seeing as Business class was all but empty I got my seats Upgraded to it. That has to be the most luxurious journey I have had or ever will have smile.gif There were about 8 in business class altogether so I had an air hostess offering me drinks/food/etc every 5 minutes biggrin.gif The bill came to over £1200 in the end but holiday insurance took care of that wink.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Last february I broke my leg in a skiing accident over in Germany, I'd gone out as part of a group on Ryanair, suffered the horrible leg space restrictions, and arrived in Paris, then had a long Bus journey to Germany....anyways, the doctor over there insisted I get 3 seats on the plane home, so I got it booked up and seeing as Business class was all but empty I got my seats Upgraded to it. That has to be the most luxurious journey I have had or ever will have smile.gif There were about 8 in business class altogether so I had an air hostess offering me drinks/food/etc every 5 minutes biggrin.gif The bill came to over £1200 in the end but holiday insurance took care of that wink.gif

I am inflatible !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Derek Bell

Originally posted by Castor Troy:

i'd love to know what the airline intend to do about this - nothing, no doubt.

Taking aspring for a few days beforehand is supposed to thin the blood, reducing the chance of it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Bloody Riff Raff. Death's too good for them I say. This kind of thing should be mandatory with Econ...excuse me..... econ.. omy class tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

A number of airplane companies are widening thier seats already and for some time. Might be related as they are normally so tight fisted. smile.gif

Btw they make more money on business class then they for steerage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

Ya know, it's really nice being a tiny person in todays world smile.gif Economy class? No problem! Kick back, put my feet up, stretch out, and relax....and thats if the row is full! If I have a seat empty next to me, wow, I'm in STYLE! smile.gif
    </brat>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Economy class + long haul = ouch.

Even Dublin to Heathrow in economy is horrible.
    Another issue I find worrying is that of (%)recycled air in economy class. <ugh>
    Apparently, the pilot gets most pure air/oxygen, next is first class, then business class, then economy.

I'm not sure what class I was in, when I had my 10 hour flight to Canada, but it was Air Canada, and it was sooooo roomy (two thumbs up for a great flight).

boss_peace.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I flew Economy in Aer Lingus to New York this year and it was fine - roomy enough and service was great.

Still... eh?

Well bard, you're not exactly "Mr. Hefty" either smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by pepperkin:
    Ya know, it's really nice being a tiny person in todays world smile.gif Economy class? No problem! Kick back, put my feet up, stretch out, and relax....and thats if the row is full!

Are you Gary Coleman? biggrin.gif

Nope, just a short cute blonde living in America smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by pepperkin:
    Well bard, you're not exactly "Mr. Hefty" either smile.gif

True,... True... biggrin.gif

bard2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I flew Economy class to New Zealand so I was in the air for 28 hours and no one told me about this condition if they had I would have walked about a lot more then I did. Everyone should be told when flying of the dangers.

Doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Of my limited Plane trips, to spain, ortugal etc I fly Economy. Aer Lingus seem to have more room, But I never feel uncomfortable. Now that my knee is shagged it would probally lock up on me if I sat on a long flight withour getting up and walking around, I'd have to be carried off the plane.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

While I don't fly much and am a bit sceptical about the above I have decided not to get silicon breast implants just in case.

BOOOBIES!!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement