Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sad day for my internet access...

• 21-12-2004 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

In August I tried Ripwave but couldn't get a signal...

In September, October and November I tried eircom and esat but both were so retarded that they couldn't switch on my phoneline or even register me for a broadband free trial...

And today I find out I cannot get a breeze signal at my house...

All this and I live in Dublin city centre next to Merrion Square.

'Tis tragic. It's back to eircom and comreg for me. Another 3 months of hell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

What about NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Can't get NTL on my street. Have already rang them about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

How about UTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I know half a dozen companies with Eircom broadband situated on Merrion Square. Try again, calling them retarded is hardly going to help you.

The problem is that my phoneline needs to be activated by an engineer. eircom keep promising to send out an engineer but no one has ever come. This is after many many many dozens of phonecalls to eircom. I've even tried comreg but they're slightly slow...

So the problem is no phoneline = no internet.

Esat aren't much better. They can't seem to be able to differentiate between asking them for a broadband trial and asking them to change my phone service from eircom to them. They've promised to ring me back many times (ala eircom) but have never called me. So I refuse to give them another try.

IBB may be slow, and may not have very good support, but at least they do eventually do what they say.

UTV: I had major billing problems with them before. I moved out of my old apartment, cancelled my phone & internet service with them (they sent me a confirmation back) but then started charging me for the phonecalls which the new German people were making on the phone. This dragged on for months. Eventually I told them to **** off and they got the message.

So, my luck with telcos is extraordinarily arse.

Hmmmmmmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Maybe its the way your dealing with them???

Well, I can only think I'm being too nice to them. I've previously worked in a call centre so I know how **** bad customers are...

I don't blame IBB at all.

But eircom & esat, their staff simply don't give a ****. They just want to get you off the phone. The amount of times I've been promised a supervisor will call me back (possibly 20 or so) but I've only been called once...

Advertisement