Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-12-2004 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Right lads a little help please?
    Im not from dublin and know nothing about the areas. Im working on Harcourt st and commuting about 3 hrs a day.
    So what im after is a good area to live less than 2 miles from harcourt st/ city centre. Preferably as close as possible to nite clubs. A search on daft.ie is no good because i dont know where any of the places are.

Ranelagh rathmines everyone seems to be telling me is the happening place to be for a 21 yr guy like me. Any specific area's please?
    I reckon i'll pay up to 500 a month. Will that et me a nice place?
    Can anyone list where all the dublin places are. Like d2, d4 etc?

thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

looks like you are in the same boat as me, Im working on merrion square, not far off where you are, and commuting for miles every day. Have a look at my post, im looking to get a place close by, ranelagh or such ought to suit. If we get one more person, then we could get a 3 bedroom apartment, that would work out at 400 each I reckon. Alternatively could just get a 2 bedroom flat, prolly for 550 each.
    Im looking to have a place by the start of the new year.

When looking at daft, filter under D2 D4 and D6 for south side places nearby. Rathmines is kinda the limit of where Id like to live. Id prefer to be closer, if possible, i.e walking distance. :)

Advertisement