Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6210 slidey battery

Options
  • 21-12-2004 2:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 6210 whose battery slides up and down, which results in occasional power loss -- seem to be a common occurence on this series of phones. Is there a semi-permanent fix that won't cost the earth, like a simply battery replacement, or is the body of the phone a fault? The phone isn't under warranty, obviously, and I don't want to spend a fortune fixing it, but I'd like to keep it for at least another six months.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Very technical fix a friend was told to do in the Nokia store in town:

Place a folded up postit (peice of paper) under the battery which causes it to be held tightly in place i used the solution for over a year and worked very well.

Bad design flaw in the phone though all the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I did the exact same with my old 6210. Bloody thing kept turning off repeatedly so I stuck in some folded card and no more problems.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Worked a treat for me on 2 of them a couple of years ago also.
    Never switched off once after that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Chrisht lads dis is fierce teknicul altogedder, could ye run dat by me dere one more time?

(One cinema ticket later and I'm in business, thanks!)

adam

Advertisement