Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line test delays

Options
  • 21-12-2004 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I have a two-week-old line, and got "fail" on the online DSL test. I know this can be for any reason (since they're just so helpful), so I rang Eircom and found out that no test has been done on my line, tests are only done every four weeks, and they've "no idea" (his words) when the next test will be. When I asked why tests are only done every four weeks he also said "I've no idea". You'd think when a brand new exchange is turned on (especially 15 months late) they'd run the DSL tests, but noooo.....

I've seen loads of people complain (here and elsewhere) about this, but never a good reason. Is it just more chronic Eircom crap, or can anybody (even McRedmond) dream up a half-way plausible excuse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

It has always been a four week test cycle and in some cases you only pass when your 4 week cycle co-incides with a dry period.

People have pushed Eircom into ad hoc tests 'on the day' , ring 1800512128 and escalate to a supervisor who could expedite for you

HTH

M

Advertisement