Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prevent Connection Request on Laptop When Website Site Doesn't Resolve

• 21-12-2004 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

OK a royal pain in the butt, but I'm sure its something simple that I have to do to prevent this.

I connect to the Internet through a lan in the office on my, but use a modem at home using my LAPTOP. I have my connection set up so that it will dial whenever a network connection is not present.

However, when I enter a web address that doesn't resolve, it pops up asking me to connect using my modem. I have only ever seen this happening on laptops, as I do the same with a PC and it just doesn't resolve.

Well so I thought - I just tried it on another pc there and the same thing happens.

Is there anything I can do to get round this?

Thanks in advance!
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

put it on 'never dial a connection', and just make a manual connection every time you are at home

Advertisement