Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enemy Territory-like game?

Options
  • 21-12-2004 4:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've always been a FPS gamer (Quake, SOFII, Doom) but recently discovered Enemy Territory and the amazing gameplay involved in playing as a team on a large map with a specific goal in mind (as opposed to just blasting people!)

But what is the latest Enemy Territory-like game out there?

I'm guessing that it's Call of Duty based on the Flash clips on the COD site but I'm not too sure and don't want to spend the $$$ until I'm certain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Not Really ET like... but still good fun team games
    BF1942
    Natural Selection

COD is good on single player.. never played Multiplayer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ahh, I hadn't thought of BF1942.

But I think it's what I'm looking for. Multiplayer but each character can choose his/her role (soldier/medic...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The biggest thing for me in ET was the who leveling up thing, only FOS Ive seen it done well tbh, theres no real other games out there like it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I would like to start playing ET and I am new to online gaming on the pc. Haven't had a pc for a long time that could handle many games and got a new one now so would like to start. Just wondering if anyone could point me in the directing of a good site to download ET and a good server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ET is one of the best online games imo, theres a real sense of teamwork, moreso than most online fps's. However ive been reading more and more from people online that ET (and COD to a lesser extent) have a bug that seems to be worst on ATI cards, and makes the game totally lock up a PC after a few minutes playing online. Afaik, the bug concerns punkbuster, (hence no lock ups in either wolfenstein or COD offline) and i dont think theres a fix yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

There was a bug with ATI drivers released about a month or so ago that did that but the newer drivers are fine. Newest cats are supposed to give a decent fps boost in ET too (havn't actually checked yet tho).

Yeah i installed them today and all seems to be well, (i hope!) played cod and ET all evening, god i missed those games :)
    Also i read turning fast writes off on ATI cards helps with COD crashes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Thx for your replies !

It's funny to think though that with all the advances in gaming and gfx cards and such, that ET still is one of the best (the best?) games when it comes down to winning via teamwork and gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

If you can get your hands on Tribes2 it is well worth a look, a highly underrated title and freeware now afaik.

Ponster wrote:
    Thx for your replies !

It's funny to think though that with all the advances in gaming and gfx cards and such, that ET still is one of the best (the best?) games when it comes down to winning via teamwork and gameplay.
    RTCW2 is in the works and the release date for ETFortress is being announced on Xmas day, should be out in the next few weeks :)

• Advertisement

ETfortress?? im intruiged, whats that??

ETF webby
    There's a movie linked about halfway down the news page. Lookin forward to trying it out, should be fun :D

Advertisement