Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Data Card

Options
  • 21-12-2004 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

I just got one of these. 12Euro / month and then you pay per MB od download. After 3 short surfing sessions (Less that 45 minutes each); no file downloads, just browsing, my dowload size was abot 13MB. I think this is quite high, any comments.
    Are Vodafone overcharging?Is there any App to measure how much you have downloaded?
    thegills

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

thegills wrote:
    I just got one of these. 12Euro / month and then you pay per MB od download. After 3 short surfing sessions (Less that 45 minutes each); no file downloads, just browsing, my dowload size was abot 13MB. I think this is quite high, any comments.
    Are Vodafone overcharging?Is there any App to measure how much you have downloaded?
    thegills

I'd say it#s accurate, purely from speculatiung of course but as you know on even DSL a simple browsing session can run several MB just because of the image data. Stick to basic WAP sites or predominantly text sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

shifting to a pay-per-kilobyte billing system takes a bit of getting used to and you soon find out how much data one can actually consume on 'normal' browsing session

unless you are only going to use data very (very) rarely then you really need to look at subscribing to one of their inclusive data packages, rather than pay as you use - best err on the side of subscribing to a package that looks like it may be more than you need, you can always downgrade the next month as you track your usage - erring the other way of getting too small a package can generate a hefty bill

a mate got a 3G data card recently, no one in the store or helpdesk bothered to ask or talk him through his potential / typical data usage, so he subscribed to too small an inclusive package and was stuck with it for the month and ended up with a massive bill... so be careful...

Advertisement