Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie Halo 2 XBOX LIVE Clan?

Options
  • 21-12-2004 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people would think about setting up a boards.ie Halo 2 clan/group type thingy on xbox live?

Any takers? Might be a good laugh......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Good idea especially over the crimbo with the days off. Id be up for it, PM me if it gets ofta ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

count me in! sounds pretty cool if we could get it going!

gamertag is chowlcha

ill add you to my friends list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Yeah actually just add me.
    gamer tag is jonnybadd
    ill be on in about 5 mins if anyones interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'd be interested too. Gamertag is johnboy johnson :D

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Yeah I'd be up for that. My gamertag is Major Payn

check out http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/20702/Group/GroupHome.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've just got my xbox live sorted (again - been out for 5 months) - played my first halo 2 live game tonight, what a coincidence y'all brought this up..yea i'm in.
    Gamer tag is ShiverinEskimo - shockingly..

ShiverinEskimo, is your gamertag correct? i tried to add you to my list but it says invalid gamertag! Is the letter case correct?

****, i'll have to check..try Shiverin_Eskimo

Sorry, my tag is Shiverin Eskimo (yup, with a space)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

will have to get meself set up again.. was under kaks during the trial but not sure if its still there?

• Advertisement

Alright, are we going to setup a clan? or a group or what? I have setup a group on the bungie group page, called Irish Clanner, there is a link to it in my signature. If you like we could use that group also? just a tought. anyway, I haven't been on Live! in a week or two, will add ye to my friends list when i am on next.
    Hope to ctach ya'll on live!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I'll be on live this evening or in the morning, so i'll add you all as my friends and see if we can set up a clan...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'd be interested too although i'm not getting halo 2 till xmas a few days after xmas.

My gamertag is Gary F

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

SimonA1986, have a few other friends who would be well up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

i am hoping 2 setup xbox live soon cause i only got my xbox 4 xmas.so ill get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Im not too good at Halo 2 yet, but if u need players count me in.

My tag is BlueArmyOfOne

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭epgriffin

Wouldn't mind joining you guys. Tag is dr00id

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dave Roe

I'd like to be in that too - Gamertag Walsingham

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

ooh - I'm interested too. I've just about had enough of playing with screaming american kids.

Gamertag:MadDogGreener
    Clocked up quite a few games at this stage :) .... but I'm still pants.

Lads, Quiet Clover has a clan setup for this(I think) called Irish Fighter, I have sent him a message to see what the stroy is, if we have to use another Clan I can setup one no bother, if anyone else has any more ideas let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dave Roe

Lads, Quiet Clover has a clan setup for this(I think) called Irish Fighter, I have sent him a message to see what the stroy is, if we have to use another Clan I can setup one no bother, if anyone else has any more ideas let us know.

I don't see that Clan - I do see an IRISH FIGHTERS but that seems too old to be it, and I see and Irish Fiter (sic) which isn't active.

Why don't you go ahead and create one, and we can send invites to everyone who posted here to join. If you like, we can break up the list into manageable chunks and divvy up the painful task of typing the names in.
    I have actually got the full list from here in a text file which I could mail out to anyone who wants to help with the typing.

The bungie site itself is pretty cool in the way it shows players stats, friends etc. but it does miss a few helpful things - such as being able to enter new firends/clans in via the web i/f rather than through the console itself. It'd also be very helpful to be able to message from the web rather that having to go through the console.

BTW, if anyone has had trouble linking their gamertag on the bungie site, be aware that you MUST have the localation setting correct when you're linking. If you do it from the default page that the link sends you to then it wll be set to "US" (which I think you can see in the URL) and won't work. You must go from there to your location to Ireland (or the UK if you registered pre-Ireland) in order to find it.

It's definitley worthwhile, if even just to see the map of all your deaths/kills from your games.

Dave (Gamertag : Walsingham)

I've been away all over christmas unfortunately so i haven't got around to doing this yet. Im gonna tackle it tonight.

I'll check out the bungie site and setup a clan....

ok folks, i've setup a group called 'boards ie'. We can also setup a clan, but i think this is done on xbox live itself. Ill check that out and do that over the weekend.

Anyway the homepage of the boards.ie group is:

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/boardsie/GroupHome.aspx

you should be able to join from there...

All of you that have added me as friends, i have accepted...

Done! I have joined that group, and if there is no Clan formed by the next time I get on Live! (possible tomorrow morning, shift work!!) I will create the Clan. :cool:

*****See My Post Below!!!*****

see ye out there lads! ill be on tomorrow night id say!!

Dave Roe wrote:
    I don't see that Clan - I do see an IRISH FIGHTERS but that seems too old to be it, and I see and Irish Fiter (sic) which isn't active.

Why don't you go ahead and create one, and we can send invites to everyone who posted here to join.
    :o Sorry about this!! I should have copped this eariler!! The clan in actually called Irish Forever, and QuietClover started it on the 3 of Jan. So no need for me to create that Clan after all!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

gamertag: delta214 or DELTA214 cant remember but dont think it matters

invite sent for you delta.

I've joined the 'Irish Forever' clan. I have also linked the 'boards ie' group to the clan.

Send requests to join both.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

my gamertag is irishviper

• Advertisement

^invites sent

Advertisement