Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB in Ranelagh (Bring it on!!!)

• 21-12-2004 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Just had the soundest bloke in NTL out working on my cables. He re-installed the lot and was actually genuinely helpful and willing to do stuff. This is as opposed to the two guys who came before him.

Anyway this is all great but what does it mean for NTL BB. Well, he said that the signal is there for the internet and that its perfect. However, he also said quite rightly 'there's no point in them being able to talk to you if you can't talk back to them'.

The area is not set up for the 'reverse' as he called it. I told him that as soon as that flyer came in the door I would be straight on to them to order it. So, being the sound bloke that he was he proceeded to ensure that all my cabling was of sufficient standard to accept BB.

So it looks like there is no problem with the cabling in the area really?

(My cabling had been damaged by some f*cker with a blow torch working on the roof.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Where exactly in ranelagh was this if you don't mind? (um, if you don't want to give out this info I understand ofc, pm if you like etc.)

Though not sure how much i care actually since I'm moving to sweden in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm not that worried about details on the internet. It would want to be some f*cked up stalker to be out chasin me!!!

It was Appian Way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Ah, nice, I'm close by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

brought this thread back from beyond the crypt as im moving to ranelagh soon .i would prefer to get ntl as thats what ive got in the flat im in now and it would be better to transfer it than cancell it.
    so any ntl bb in ranelagh these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The cabling is all one way in Ranelagh, i.e. not upgraded. So no BB for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

The cabling is all one way in Ranelagh, i.e. not upgraded. So no BB for you.

aaaaah nuts, suppose ill have to pay line rental to eircom and BB to esat :( twice the cost for half the cap

Advertisement