Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cod Liver Oil

• 21-12-2004 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Lately I have become addicted to the beautiful taste of Cod Liver Oil in those burstable capsules. I've been called a weirdo and several threats have been made upon my life. Is there anyone else out there like me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Eh, dare I say not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Nooooooo.......I'm doomed! But I hope you've tried them. You just pop one in and when it bursts the liquid gets all over your mouth and it is so nice. Plus, it says on the bottle that they improve your brain power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've had a few burst in my mouth alright, especially when you can't generate enough saliva to swallow the dammed thing. There isn;t enought toothpase in the world to remove the taste. :)

Having said that, my uncle has a spoon of cod liver oil straight from the bottle every morning.

He sounds like a stand up guy. It's fun to eat some and then kiss someone to see them try to disguise their revulsion. Ah.....is there anything cod liver capsules CAN'T do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Ah, cod liver oil capsules. My granny used to give me one every morning before I went off to school and I got to love them. When most kids went for the other bottles with tablets in them I went for the cod liver oil bottle. I managed to go through 50 of them in one go (I bit every single one)

As I got older I discovered that they floated in ribena, then that they swelled up when in ribena and if you leave them long enough they break on their own but the capsule is 3 times the original size and much like jelly. The oil turned a pale colour when it was floating on tope of the ribena for awhile aswell.

nyom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

So there is another ...
    I love cod liver oil always did since i was a kid,i dont like the capsules i take it from the bottle its very good for you too!

Mantel wrote:
    Ah, cod liver oil capsules. My granny used to give me one every morning before I went off to school and I got to love them. When most kids went for the other bottles with tablets in them I went for the cod liver oil bottle. I managed to go through 50 of them in one go (I bit every single one)

As I got older I discovered that they floated in ribena, then that they swelled up when in ribena and if you leave them long enough they break on their own but the capsule is 3 times the original size and much like jelly. The oil turned a pale colour when it was floating on tope of the ribena for awhile aswell.

nyom!

Wow. I've got to try that.... I never would have thought of doing that. Sounds like a great party game too, well maybe not. But thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I love the orange flavour syrup version in the bottle - is much nicer than the rotten plain stuff!!

I didn't know you could get a syrup version. Is it like Calpol or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Geranium wrote:
    Is there anyone else out there like me?

Definitely!

But most of them are in care! ;)

B.

• Advertisement

Geranium wrote:
    I didn't know you could get a syrup version. Is it like Calpol or what?

In texture its like medicine alright but it just tastes like orange flavour medicine I suppose - you can get in in most supermarkets - I get mine in Supervalu.

Hmmm.....weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Yeah the orange syrup stuff rules! Does anyone else also agree that the Vitamin C dissolvable tablets by Effervescent taste great too (when dissolved)?

Giles wrote:
    Yeah the orange syrup stuff rules! Does anyone else also agree that the Vitamin C dissolvable tablets by Effervescent taste great too (when dissolved)?

I used to take Berocca - they are probably something similar - Berocca tablets taste like lilt when they are dissolved =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Berocca are the best hangover cure ever in my opinion! Take one or two in a pint of water before bed, or when u wake up and the hangover isnt half as bad. They are so yummy too, mmm.
    This is probably a silly question but would there be much fat a berocca drink when its made up?

Blinky1 wrote:
    Berocca are the best hangover cure ever in my opinion!

Yeah? I never realised this - must try it this Saturday night so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Mantel wrote:
    I managed to go through 50 of them in one go (I bit every single one)

I very much doubt that was good for you. Seriously.
    Cod liver oil tastes disgusting but I swear by them. I don't take any vitamins. Just cod liver oil - one a day.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Just cod liver oil - one a day.

I heard that the oil itself is much better than the capsules, something about the body not being able to break down the capsules - could be wrong though.

Advertisement