Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorders and Sky?

Options
  • 21-12-2004 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this , i'd be connecting sky digital to it.

My question is when using the Scart/RGB input to the recorder, will features like video plus work?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Did you buy the Sony, if so what do you think of it as I am thinking of getting the same?
    Did you get it in Ireland or on the Net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah i got the GX300. Its excellent :)

When using it with sky if you personal planner a program and set it to auto view it will automatically record it, which is pritty cool.

I paid €380 in the sony centre (Including a 10% discount)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Have you played back DVDs on and what is the picture quality like?
    What kind of TV do you have this connected and what type of connection are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

richieg wrote:
    Have you played back DVDs on and what is the picture quality like?
    What kind of TV do you have this connected and what type of connection are you using?

The quality is excellent when using SP (2 Hour mode) however the other ones are noticeably worse. Playback of both DVD's and CD's is excellent. There is a fan on this that kicks in when required ie playing or recording, it's not that loud though :)

I have it connected from the sky box (VCR out) to the recorder and then to a 32" Sony Wega normal TV. All scart connections and RGB scart is also supported which is nice :)

Advertisement