Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help needed (totally ashamed)

• 21-12-2004 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

OK,
    I got myself yesterday, a shiny new Sagem myC5-2 .... their new little clamshell phone...

Ok, so, im a fiddler.... I was going thru all the menus, and I must have hit somthing I shouldnt, the phone no longer logs onto the network (no "meteor" on screen etc)

Any ideas how I can reset this fone to default settings to make it search for the network again?

Rang 1905, twice, utterly useless, all they did was go thru the MMS/GPRS settings, which would be all well and good, if it could find the network in the first place......

please help!

:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

OK,
    I got myself yesterday, a shiny new Sagem myC5-2 .... their new little clamshell phone...
    you're a chick, right? :confused:

I have no idea about the Sagem UI, never used one, but is the phone set to 850/1900 (US band) now? That's the usual cause of the phone being unable to register on the network. Try looking through the settings on the phone, surely it has a "master reset" or "restore factory defaults" type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

thats the problem, there dosent seem to be a restore to "master reset" or factory defaults, im trying to find out if there is a code of some sort that will reset all to factory settings etc, but getting nothing usefull on google...

I found out how to get it to "search for available networks" and when I choose me
    teor, it just says "restricted network!"

an tman, *checks* nope, definitely a guy! ;)

Problem sorted.
    After ringing 1905 8 times, and then asking for a supervisor who knew their ass from their elbow, I finally got the answer.

Apparently when I brought the defective phone back, he switched the sims so I could keep the original number I had picked.
    He was apparently *supposed* to do somthing on his system so the phone would recognise the different sim as ok, he didnt.

So not my mistake after all (I knew I wasnt *that* dumb, thought for a sec there it was my new blonde highlights ;) )

Self-respect regained! :)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

does your mms work? cos i have the same phone and they wont send

• Advertisement

yep, works fine.
    Phone 1905 and make sure you are set up for MMS / GPRS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

after 6 emails and 3 phone calls to 1905 I finally got an email back saying that they had spoken to a supervisor and some 'issues' with mms on my account had been resolved

meteor for ya. still the best value for money all round though I reckon

Advertisement