Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung DVD RW problem

• 21-12-2004 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Running Windows XP Home Edition:

I installed a Samsung WRITEMASTER DVD RW and the 'Pinnacle' software suite that came with it and now I have a problem. When I go to shut down, the machine just restarts and then throws up the usual XP Send Error Report to Microsoft/Don't send report blah blah. I uninstalled it but I'm still getting the same error message on start up although now the machine will actually shut down when prompted. Any ideas what the problem might be or what I could do to fix it?

Thanks

RH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

Start by uninstalling software, or even better use system restore.
    Do a reboot
    Try reinstallin again, if you get same problem, repost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

fatmander wrote:
    Start by uninstalling software, or even better use system restore.
    Do a reboot
    Try reinstallin again, if you get same problem, repost

Thanks fatmander,

Did what you suggested but the same problem exists!

Anything further I can do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

wouldn't be surprised if it's the pinnacle software. my girlf used work in tech support for them and the stories she could tell.... eek. well dodgy software.
    just out of interest, why would you want pinacle software to burn stuff? it's video editing SW AFAIK.... and if you wanna do that then Adobe Premier is the way forward...

Excuse my ignorance kenmc but would adobe premier be compatible with the hardware? The other thing that I probably should have mentioned is that I have Nero installed for burning cd's. Could there be a potential conflict between Nero and Pinnacle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Adobe premier is hardware agnostic AFAIK. It's like using word to write documents, paint to draw pictures and premier to make movies. Nero is then used to burn your movie to a dvd. I think you can even author a DVD in Premier and then use nero to burn the whole shebang so you get a dvd you can play in your player.
    From what I remember, pinnacle stuff LOVES conflict... conflicts with EVERYTHING in some way or another.

• Advertisement

I've just had a look at Adobe.com - Adobe premier $699.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that the prog you're talkin bout??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 amri

Hi Threebeards,

Firstly, what is it you're trying to do? What Pinnacle suite do you have?
    Is it just for burning software?

I wouldn't recommend running both Nero and Pinnacle on the same system - bad idea. Uninstall Pinnacle, then use something like Regcleaner to get rid of the registry entries.

If you have something like Pinnacle Studio that you want to use for video editing and burning, then try reinstall it after uninstalling Nero. You might need to install an update for the Pinnacle product as there is almost always a patch that you need ... www.pinnaclesys.com. That might solve the rebooting problem (quite common with pinnacle prods so you're not alone).

Don't go for Adobe premier for the moment until you're a fully fledged 'digi video editor' - that price also probably includes a pci capture card, hence the price!

If you tell me a bit more about the product you have, then I might be able to help you more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

Like amri said, check pinnacles site for program update, could be sp2 problem
    also,
    Check 'XP CD-Burning' service is stopped, go to
    start/control panel/ administrative tools/ services /IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service
    make sure it is on manual and stopped
    give us a it more info on PC/ OS sp1-sp2?/ and USB devices

Advertisement