Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hark the herald christmas beckons

• 21-12-2004 11:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

yes, the elec eng department are actually letting us have christmas holidays tomorrow the 22nd - you have to love them! :D

so who else has been scrooged out of half the holidays?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

Not me. Arts let me off on the 9th :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Hate to have christmas exams *and* to top it off become an engineer. Thats like being crippled and in the ER discovering you're in the late stages of penis cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Me. My last exam tommorow (well today) and I am finding it very hard to give a **** about it tbh. I'll probably fail itfrown.gif I've just been totally wrecked by these exams. I've had 6 in a row one after another I really want a breakmad.gif About 2 hours sleep every night for a week has to be very bad for you, no matter your age - it's just too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Grrrrrrrrrrrr to the mean eng people who inflict such vile mastiness upon you.It aint quite the same, but i seem to work tonnes of over time and extra days, so i get home at 11 r so, go to bed and get up and go to work again...grr to them too...good luck with your exams, and enjoy ur xmas or what ickle bit of it you get....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 humdrum

Ive been off for two weeks now, really needed this break from those 12 hour weeks...its a hard hard life in arts my friends

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

but even though youve a 12hr wk are you supposed to actually be doind stuff on ur time off, like reading or something (yeah right....), or is it actually time off?

Id would also like to point out my 12 hour weeks and no exams at christmas and then just 5 at summer and no I dont do Oirts.

what do you do?

Law.

oh yeah never thought of that. my friend is doing law+german in trinity and only has like 16hrs

• Advertisement

Yeah but the trinity law people study loads outside of that.

meaning you dont?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 humdrum

there are essays and reading to be done but its strictly optional (ie...eh, no thanks), counts for 10% of the overall grade only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

So do you kids prefer to have all the exams in Summer? I finished my undergraduate degree last year and I was always damning them for not letting us get half of the year over and done with at Christmas and now my wee brother is (or was until yesterday) up in his room studying away and I am downstairs laughing at him and generally being a nuisance :D

Chick wrote:
    meaning you dont?

A bit, but the trinity folk in law go way overboard from day one.

rob1891 wrote:
    So do you kids prefer to have all the exams in Summer? I finished my undergraduate degree last year and I was always damning them for not letting us get half of the year over and done with at Christmas and now my wee brother is (or was until yesterday) up in his room studying away and I am downstairs laughing at him and generally being a nuisance :D

What....so you're against them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Sangre wrote:
    What....so you're against them?
    no, I would have prefered to get them over with, but I never faced the reality of studying during or near to christmas, so I'm just wondering if anyone who's lived under both systems cares to comment.

Sangre wrote:
    A bit, but the trinity folk in law go way overboard from day one.
    just cos they actually do stuff lol?

Chick wrote:
    just cos they actually do stuff lol?

Yeah....lol!...its like lol because they go to the library nearly every since day one in first year...LOL....and here is the loliest part...they only have exams in summer LOLOL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sangre wrote:
    Id would also like to point out my 12 hour weeks and no exams at christmas and then just 5 at summer and no I dont do Oirts.
    Similar to me, but I have 9 in the summer...:(

• Advertisement

somebody needs a chill pill... :rolleyes:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

Chick wrote:
    somebody needs a chill pill... :rolleyes:;)

Can I have one too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Red Alert wrote:
    yes, the elec eng department are actually letting us have christmas holidays tomorrow the 22nd - you have to love them! :D

so who else has been scrooged out of half the holidays?

Ah well at least they're over now - hope everyones exams went well. Mine actually went okay scarily enough, and sure it will be nice not to have to do 13 again this Summer :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

we were gonna go to whelan's but there wasn't a late bar so we ended up in the palace too!

Advertisement