Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Dad

• 21-12-2004 11:59pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New Series from Family Guy's Seth McFarlane. It looks terrible from what I've seen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I didn't think the clip was that bad. It didn't have the family guy brilliance, that's expecting too much, but it had it's moments. I'll wait til I see a full episode to pass judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

im trying to avoid clips... it looks good but i reckin the clips will give away the funniest jokes.

I still can't wait to see this though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah.. it's not too great...

The "We can't all look like those anorexic aliens in the James Cameron films" line was pretty good though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

If it's worse than Family Guy it must really suck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Never judge a film by its trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

weerez wrote:
    If it's worse than Family Guy it must really suck ;)
    You never give up!

Shame it can't have all the humour of the ahem... axed 'Futurama'. Can't see that being 'Un-Cancelled' anytime soon! :)

We settled this in the poll a month or two back- 'Family Guy' was clearly the winner.

basquille wrote:
    You never give up!

Shame it can't have all the humour of the ahem... axed 'Futurama'. Can't see that being 'Un-Cancelled' anytime soon! :)

We settled this in the poll a month or two back- 'Family Guy' was clearly the winner.

Thats life, good shows get cancelled (Futurama, Freaks & Geeks), sh*t ones stay on the air (Friends,Will & Grace etc.):)

Okay Family Guy isnt as bad as Will & Grace or Friends but popularity doesnt mean a show is good
    :p

err... friends is over too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

i used to love freaks n geeks! oh and "popular", anyone ever watch that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

New Series from Family Guy's Seth McFarlane. It looks terrible from what I've seen.

Is that the same clip that was released about 6 months ago or something new ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Same one Tusky.

Tbh its early days, you can't judge. I think the first ep of Family Guy is pretty bad.

SteveD wrote:
    err... friends is over too...

Friends wasn't cancelled

yeah it just finished....?

Just saying it's not still polluting the airwaves...

Oh but it is. E4.... and N2, and C4....:o

new episodes...

ohhh... but arent the old ones ten times more irritating cos its garaunteed youv already seen em?

yes they do get very annoying

but imo Futurama and Family Guy are funny every time

is FG only on sky one yeah?

coulda sworn i saw futurama on c4

family guy isn't really on any more except the odd time really late on either sky one or channel 4 (although i THINK they're showing it during the day on sky now)

Futurama is on all the time on Sky and the odd time either in the morning or really late on channel 4

• Advertisement

I like futurama more though nibbler is cute :)

family guy gets on my nerves a bit... plus they all look the same!! its like the simpsons all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

There's a Family guy Series 3 planned in America!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Eh....

I think you mean series 4. And its planned for over here aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

sorry.. 4

Emm.. Lol... No, just dust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Judging the series before it's even out is a stupid thing to do - on the basis of a pilot trailer - the animation isn't even finalised.

Also - anyone who didn't find the jokes in the trailer funny can go screw themselves, it was hilarious. Sounds like the exact same reaction that people had when Family Guy first came out and everyone hated it. It took 3 years and two cancellations before people copped on to how good it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

m1ke wrote:
    Judging the series before it's even out is a stupid thing to do - on the basis of a pilot trailer - the animation isn't even finalised.

Also - anyone who didn't find the jokes in the trailer funny can go screw themselves, it was hilarious. Sounds like the exact same reaction that people had when Family Guy first came out and everyone hated it. It took 3 years and two cancellations before people copped on to how good it was.

errrr - I liked Family Guy instantly, The pilot for family guy was alot funnier than the American Dad clip. Im still eagerly awaiting the show though. The first episode has to introduce all the characters are is never that good anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Birdman

It wasn't that bad but it wasn't great.
    We should wait before we judge.
    It should get funnier as the characters develop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Whoever said family guy episode one wasn't funny seriously needs to look at it again. That was a great episode - and definitely set the foundation for further shows.

Some of the jokes in this pilot, despite what the zealots may say, fell down badly. Nevertheless, we shouldn't just by a (mediocre) pilot - wait for the full show before you decide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see episode 2 has surfaced..... anyone seen it yet? Has it improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TmB wrote:
    I see episode 2 has surfaced..... anyone seen it yet? Has it improved?
    Cheers for the headsup!

Will check that out... already getting a tape of 'Scrubs' and 'The Office' right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That reminds me.... must dig up the Office thread for peoples opinions (now that the series is over).......

Advertisement