Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey

Options
  • 22-12-2004 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Anyone at Morrissey last night?

'This is The Point'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

No, Very pissed i missed his show, after hearing about how great the Dublin castle gig was i promised i wouldnt miss him again........ Bloody work.

Would love to know if he played any older/smiths stuff?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I didn't go but I think "There Is A Light...", "Shoplifters of the World Unite" and another that I've forgotten the name of (I think it was "Rubber Ring") are all staple parts of his set now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

fantastic gig, you should see some of the die hard fans at the front. classic.

some of the smith's stuff he played that i remember was , 'bigmouth strikes again', where he replaced 'walkman', with 'i-pod'.
    'there is a light that never goes out', which he sang twice and i'm not really sure why and the opening song was 'how soon is now'.

he came out on stage dressed as a priest, said 'this is the point', and the band launched into how soon is now. excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

The show was really great. Not quite the same as Dublin castle, as its obviously a very different atmosphere in the point, but still it was really cool.
    Morrissey came out dressed a priest to a rocking version of How Soon Is Now...played a lot of the new album, played a few older ones, from his solo albums. They played a Patti Smith cover, but the highlight of the entire show was an amazing rendition of the smiths classic Bigmouth Strikes Again, the whole place fvcking errupted for it.
    They also played There is a Light that Never goes Out; Shoplifters, no Rubber Ring this time though, they encored with Last night I dreamt somebody loved me, and then played There is a Light again for good measure.
    It got such a great reaction first time they played, Morrissey stopped singing and the band kept playing the same riff part, while the entire crowd sang "There is a light and it never goes out, there is a light..." for what seemed like 5 full minutes! Morrissey got really emotional and stopped singing and just stood there staring at the crowd, smiling and almost crying, before he had to beg everyone to stop and they ended the song!
    Threw his priest collar into the crowd, and also threw out 3 (count em!) shirts. There was 2 or 3 stage invasions where people got by security and got up to hug morrissey while he was singing.

It was an absolutely amazing show, and Im still buzzing from seeing it last night! There was an after show party in The Hub where they played Smiths / Morrissey until 3am.

Bet you regret not going even more now!

:P

*kicks self EXTREMELY HARD for not going*

I'm so depressed right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I wish i never asked........ I have only myself to blame (and bloody work).

Sounds amazing, "how soon is now" is always in my top 3 songs of all time.

*Goes and sulks in the corner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

Was at the gig and yeah it was absolultely amazing but now I feel sick hearing about that Hub thing, having stumbled around Whelan's and then Coppers for the rest of the night with my right arm flailing in a majestically Morrissey-esque fashion holding my ticket stub...

And that snake-charmer thing with the mic-lead? Magic :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

''Next time we come back, I prmise you it'll be in Whelan's'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Sounds amazing so sorry i couldn't go.

Did you see were Jury's Inn did a Morrissey Buffet before the gig and fans were dismayed to find 70% of it consisted of meat.
    For those not in the know Morrissey is an active animal rights campaigner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

opr wrote:
    Did you see were Jury's Inn did a Morrissey Buffet before the gig and fans were dismayed to find 70% of it consisted of meat.

ha ha ha, good one :) (and death for no reason is murder...)

• Advertisement

comet wrote:
    ha ha ha, good one :) (and death for no reason is murder...)

As opposed for death with a reason? And what better reason than a nice sandwich?

John2 wrote:
    As opposed for death with a reason? And what better reason than a nice sandwich?

No, no, no, it’s murder
    No, no, no, it’s murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

wow im so envious, however i did spot the great man in work, came into browse thru commercial goodies in the middle of the sale christmas madness dam customers got in my way....so I didnt get to meet him...would of settled for just smelling....im not a stalker i swear....arse is in agony from the kicking i've been giving myself for not getting a ticket.

Alana wrote:
    wow im so envious, however i did spot the great man in work, came into browse thru commercial goodies in the middle of the sale christmas madness dam customers got in my way....so I didnt get to meet him...would of settled for just smelling....im not a stalker i swear....arse is in agony from the kicking i've been giving myself for not getting a ticket.

Where was Moz doing his shopping? Ann Summers? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

eh no....a music store....?isnt he celebit or some "sceal".....?

Alana wrote:
    eh no....a music store....?isnt he celebit or some "sceal".....?

Yeah apparently he is still celibate although he has got very friendly with some women, Nancy Sinatra is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Hadn't heard anything about him and Nancy, but have heard heaps of stories about him and younger men.

His relationship with Nacny Sinatra never seems like anything serious to me. She lives near him and he's a fan of hers. But then again, who isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dramadave

comet wrote: »
    Where was Moz doing his shopping? Ann Summers? ;)

Of all the Moz shows in Dublin since 2004 this was the best, the best arena for his "big" sound, the Olympia two years after was too small, even Moz said it was too loud and don't get me started on his outdoor gigs, sound blew around like a delinquent fart :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement