Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa GT

Options
  • 22-12-2004 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

What's wrong with ye guys - why are ye not all raving about the Alfa GT :confused:
    This is one of the most significant cars of this decade and not a word about it :confused:
    Well I suppose its important to find out about the torque setting on the corrolla spark plugs :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

This is a cars for sale forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

What's wrong with ye guys - why are ye not all raving about the Alfa GT :confused:
    This is one of the most significant cars of this decade and not a word about it :confused:
    Well I suppose its important to find out about the torque setting on the corrolla spark plugs :mad:
    1. What puntosporting said... MMMMIIIIIKKKKKEEEE66666655555!!!!
    2. You are awaiting delivery of an Alfa GT and want us to discuss how good it is? Please tell me why you think it is better than any Japanese coupe.
    3. You have ordered the diesel version - why didn't you wait for the turf powered Gaeltacht-built version due out soon?
    4. Any chance of a spin in it?

I have been in two of them and still despair at Alfas interiors and dash layouts. The rear passenger compartment is ok for kids but not for adults but otherwise they look sweet. Until I drive one I'll hold off judgment but it better be good...

'ceptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thread moved, lets just say Alfasudcrazy got over-excitied....:)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Thread moved, lets just say Alfasudcrazy got over-excitied....:)

Mike.
    Its technically called premature postulation. Or post-jaculation?

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Thanks moderators - I was wondering where my GT post had got to - im on so many forums now I am starting to loose the plot a bit. :o
    The Celica is the only comparable Jap coupe to the GT and the sales of that car - or should I say the lack of says it all about them. :rolleyes:
    I dont know what is wrong with the GT interior - it beats all that cheap plastic in Jap cars and is refreshingly different than all the clinical German cars (I traded in my BMW 530D for the GT :eek: )
    I would never buy a pertol car anymore unless its a classic or some other "just for fun" car. The economy and power of modern diesels impresses me greatly.
    I am going to have to seek professional help coping with waiting for my GT (its been in the garage since early October :mad: ) Two weeks to go - so near yet so far :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Mazda rx8!

Mazda rx8!
    The RX-8 and the Nissan 350z are both exceptional cars - the 350z has taken the US by storm and if it was priced better in the EU it would outsell everything here. Neither car is offered with the option of a tractor engine and I would give a kidney for an RX-8.

The persistance of EU markets demanding kerosene engines is due to the relatively lower cost of derv on the continent - there is no price difference here and unless you are doing in excess of 20k miles p.a you won't break even. But people still buy them because they smell nice, or they like the way it shakes the change out of their pockets at traffic lights.

I'd still like a spin in a diseasel Alfa but I'm all out of favours at my local Fiat dealer after testing several cars in the last few weeks I'd no intention of buying...

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No offence to Alfasud but is this GT thingy basically a 156 coupe.......less doors less room more money ?

The image I had in me head must have been the GTV

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

tis an awful pity they forgot to design the rear end of it, especially since that's where you'll spend a lot of time when you're pushing it home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

What has you so taken with the Alfa GT, Alfa? :)
    Why do you say it is one of the most significant cars of the decade? I know you are excited about getting your new car but I am wondering why you chose this car over anything else you could have bought for the money, old or new. I realise you are fond of Alfas (and I too loved the old Alfasuds) but I can't help wondering what's so special about this car, especially the JTD version.

I had a look at the stats on Parker's here: http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/data.aspx?model_id=1203&id=27539
    It has the 0 to 60 listed as 9.3 seconds, power as 150 bhp and torque as 305 Nm (225 lb.ft), weight as 1365 kg and a top speed of 130 mph. While there's a fair bit of torque there and it's not exactly slow, the figures don't sound like they describe a sports car as such.

Sorry if it seems like I'm putting it down. I realise that figures alone don't always paint a full picture. Well, at least now you have a chance to tell us what's so great about it! :D

PS - I agree with you about the importance of the torque settings for the spark plugs on the Toyota Corolla!

Oh... and PMSL @ Interceptor by the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The GT is another astonishing example of brilliant Italian design. It looks just superb imo

Interesting to note that all those Italian designers are hired by the japs these days to design their cars for them but those designers must not have been putting their soul into it ;)

Bella macchina :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

IrishRover wrote:
    What has you so taken with the Alfa GT, Alfa? :)

Mmm well - ah -god im all confused now because I dont know exactly why I think its brilliant - I know it just IS. :)

Just think for a minute -

Why is the painting of the Mona Lisa great?
    What is so special about the ancient site of Petra in Jordan?
    How significant really was it that man ever walked on the moon?

Its the same with the Alfa GT - it is just one more great achievement by mankind. Its value to humanity being something which can't be measured by simplistic accelleration, bph or torque calculations:cool:

Good - Im glad I was able to clarify the situation for all you doubters out. there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Good - Im glad I was able to clarify the situation for all you doubters out. there. ;)

lol thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

tis an awful pity they forgot to design the rear end of it, especially since that's where you'll spend a lot of time when you're pushing it home

Tsssk.

The old Alfa rep is pretty much obsolete at this stage. They don't give any more trouble than any other car. Everyone has horror stories about nearly every car. Any Alfa owners I know have had none. (And I'm one of them.)

Advertisement