Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for after Christmas

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

what i was insinuating was that you fancy romanian woman.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

way outta the ball park there lol. Am I giving off some weird vibe or something tonight... jesus:rolleyes:

moving swiftly onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

yech, for a real interrail experiance, it has to be eastran europe, the west just doesnt cut it....

on a finer note, romanian woman are some of the finest women i've ever encountered....
    Apparently the best route is to start in Germany (to be awed by the quality of their trains) and then move on into eastern Europe for most of the trip, then back through Germany to France. That's if you have about 4 weeks though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Chick wrote:
    does for ppl like me :D
    You really don't know what you'll be missing out on.

Also you do realise you'll be living in far more squalor if you travel the western countries? Your money goes much further in the ex-commy/balkan countries..
    Take it from experience luv: a rank 15 bed mixed dorm with 3 snoring occupants in Vienna, now compare that to a large comfy apartment with a tv, kitchen, bath, view in Budapest.

• Advertisement

ill take it into consideration...hows that

smells like placating bs

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You really don't know what you'll be missing out on.

Also you do realise you'll be living in far more squalor if you travel the western countries? Your money goes much further in the ex-commy/balkan countries..
    Take it from experience luv: a rank 15 bed mixed dorm with 3 snoring occupants in Vienna, now compare that to a large comfy apartment with a tv, kitchen, bath, view in Budapest.
    Hmm...never thought of it that way actually!!

Apex I dont know what placating means :(

Pet wrote:
    Hmm...never thought of it that way actually!!
    It's not something I minded much, not much one for the creature comforts. I was just attempting to appeal to chick d4ness (ie aversion to slumming).
    But the above is true as I was travelling in a mixed gender group. So when we could afford better accomodation we took it, I wasn't complaining.

Chick wrote:
    Apex I dont know what placating means
    That's what dictionary.com is for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Agent_smith and Apexaviour, how much did the inter-railing cost? How long did you do it for? Its something I'd love to do. I might be going to the world cup in germany in 2006 so I was thinking that would be a good time to do it. Just after the world cup.

i spent abut 1500-2000, good holiday, so many memories, such as watching 2 girls tipping the velet in the hostel we stayed in in prague, while drink plenty of the green fairy

by the way, that stuff is rocket fuel!

pla·cate Audio pronunciation of "placating"
    tr.v. pla·cat·ed, pla·cat·ing, pla·cates

To allay the anger of, especially by making concessions; appease. See Synonyms at pacify.

[Latin plcre, plct-, to calm. See plk-1 in Indo-European Roots.]placater n.
    pla·cation (pl-kshn) n.
    placa·tory (-tôr, -tr) or placative (-ktv) adj.

Dave I spent 1600 total (that's everything incl). And we went for 33 days (30 day ticket, 3 days in brussels).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Eastern Europe rocks, way better than the west. Chick you're wasting your trip if you go to France, I've been all over Europe, the further East the better. You can live like royalty for the same amount of money as a meal and a few drinks in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

John2 wrote:
    You can live like royalty for the same amount of money as a meal and a few drinks in Dublin

You forgot to say that they treat you better as well. You don't get the usual 'look' from waitresses in somewhere like prague that you would in dublin. You know the 'look' - the expression of constant distaste for everyone.
    Yeah, the further east the better. We all know about france and the french (much to our detriment) - go further afield instead. If you see signposts for russia, you know you're on the right track.

Evilution wrote:
    You forgot to say that they treat you better as well. You don't get the usual 'look' from waitresses in somewhere like prague that you would in dublin. You know the 'look' - the expression of constant distaste for everyone.
    Yeah, the further east the better. We all know about france and the french (much to our detriment) - go further afield instead. If you see signposts for russia, you know you're on the right track.
    Hey, I like the French, they rock! But yeah, eastern Europe is better, even from my brief experience of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

thiknking of doing a bit of a european tour myself - back to the places i grew up in - germany, switzerland, austria - then off to eastern europe. gotta learn a bit of german all over again though :P

crash_000 wrote:
    gotta learn a bit of german all over again though :P

No you don't. I've no German and I got on fine

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I was just attempting to appeal to chick d4ness (ie aversion to slumming).
    Hey!! :mad:

John2 wrote:
    . Chick you're wasting your trip if you go to France, I've been all over Europe, the further East the better. You can live like royalty for the same amount of money as a meal and a few drinks in Dublin
    Just thought itd be nice?

• Advertisement

It is nice, don't get me wrong, I like France but you've your whole life to see France as it's probably not going to change much but the eastern countries will only be like this for so long. Already a lot of them are becoming more westernised. I just think you're missing out.

in ten years time, the east and west will be the same,

go eastran europe

10yrs,,,,? what makes you say that

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Chick wrote:
    10yrs,,,,? what makes you say that

Their economies are improving a lot these days, they're becoming very poplular tourist destinations for westerners and a lot of eastern european countries joined the EU recently. They'll become richer and generally more westernised as a result.

oh crap, ok so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

im definitely gonna go interrailing this summer or the j1...my friends and i havent decided yet. but im thinking interrailing sounds better...ive been to the states, and all those eastern european places sound cool. tbh didnt really think of going to them, i was thinking france, germany, italy etc. but im def gonna mention it to my friends now!!

go east!

you gotta love that exchange rate

Canvas are you in 2nd yr or are ya a fresher?

sf iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

yup im a 2nd year, well done ApeX ;)

oh 2nd science btw...

Advertisement