Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Of Thrones And George Double R

Options
  • 22-12-2004 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Good Afternoon,

I have just completed Storm of Swords : Steel and Gold,
    Yet have a question has the next book Feast of Crows already been published?

I have checked the websites and they tell me it will be out next year.

So I am a bit confused. :confused:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

naa i dont think the next one in the series has been published yet.
    i think his publishers are doing a bit of a Robert Jordan on us but sure the new years only a few days away,have to wait n see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

amazon has various different release dates ranging from january to august of next year for the american edition

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/026-3193111-9782046

i have his other stuff in paperback while this will be in hardback now and i don't want to wait for the paperback, bugs the hell out of me that does

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

it aint published yet. find all info from http://www.georgerrmartin.com/.

there even a sample chapter from next book. it be done when its done he says.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

GaRtH_V wrote:
    i think his publishers are doing a bit of a Robert Jordan on us :)
    You mean they're planning to make the next few installments a pile of turgid crap that unnessecarily complicates plots and yet moves nothing anywhere. That destroys all the joy and excitement you got from the first few books, making you weep for what once was whilst simultaenously enraging you because you can't stop even though it's wrong. Is that what you mean by "doing a bit of a Robert Jordan"? ;)

lol preach on brother ixoy!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

/me claps
    naa i meant write all the books first then release them out slowly and painfully with hardback/paperback,stop 2 books before the end,release a prequel to the first 10 books and release them painfully and slowly,all the while making as much profit as is humanly possible in the book world.

i have first 10 r jordan books and man has he dragged that story out. i didnt read prequel and wont be buying book 11. it wud mean having to read 10 again because it been soooooooooooooooooooooooo long and i just wont do it! i wont! i wont!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i bought book ten the day it came out, it took me a month or so to work my way up to page 200 or so and then I gave up. Such a **** book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

Thank you all for the Info and swearing

Love it !

its nearly finished YAY!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

If you really liked the first three books in the Song of Fire and Ice, I'd suggest having a look at some of Martin's ealier books to kill the time till the next book comes out. Tuf Voyaging and Fevre Dream are excellent although very different from the Song of Fire and Ice.

Also the delay in the 4th book coming out has nothing to do with the publisher as far as I can tell from reading Martin's own comments on his site. I think he really takes his time and doesn't crank out the 4 inchers each year like Reynolds or Hamilton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've only started reading A Game Of Thrones. It's a bit good...

it gets more than a bit fantastic :)

Is everyone in it such a vicious scheming little f*cker? :)

heh, you've only started readin :)

you've seen nothin yet hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i just gave a lend of a game of thrones to a girl in work who usually reads danielle steel, she is however a big lord of the rings fan iirc. then i started thinking of the content of the book and i was saying to her perhaps you won't like this.

she was wondering why and i started mentioning ah there is casual incest, rape and such in it, then i remembered as well that it gets somewhat sexually explicit at some points.

then i said "but its a really good book"

i'll be interested to see what she makes of it.

that is all

data

we demand more SEX its not nearly explict enuf ... stop killing characters and get them humping instead i say.

best fantasy books i read in a long time tho :eek:

if george r. r. martin wrote a book with terry goodkind, we'd be sorted. Goodkind's got a bit of a "thing" for rape scenes in his books.

Just finished GOT, after losig the book for a few days.

Wow.

Why the hell didn't I start reading sooner?

Soon to buy the next one...
    Ah, poor Neddy Stark, why'd they go and kill you? You were cool... :(

that just the begininning m8 .............. :eek:

• Advertisement

*nod*

it gets worse

or better, if you're only reading it.. not actually *in* the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Ah, A Song of Ice and Fire. One of the finest reads I've had the pleasure of picking up.
    A Feast for Crows looks like it's going to be far more centered around character developement. Sample chapters he's put up on his site so far are from the perspective of Arya, Cersei, and Damphair, the last two of which have never had their own perspectives shown before.

Speculation on the choice of the title would suggest that some major amount of sh*t is gonna hit the fan up at The Wall.
    I love it when he screws up the story line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ixoy wrote:
    Is that what you mean by "doing a bit of a Robert Jordan"? ;)

i hope you had your hand firmly planted on a sequoia tree to ward off the evil of such a thing happening to His Supreme Authorship George RR!!

I've been pimping George RR's books in nearly every thread about fantasy books on this board! If i was a woman and he wasnt so ugly i'd want to have his babies.

That said i've stopped expecting the book to be out every other month. Me thinks it'll actually be two books, not one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hachidan

ixoy wrote:
    You mean they're planning to make the next few installments a pile of turgid crap that unnessecarily complicates plots and yet moves nothing anywhere. That destroys all the joy and excitement you got from the first few books, making you weep for what once was whilst simultaenously enraging you because you can't stop even though it's wrong. Is that what you mean by "doing a bit of a Robert Jordan"? ;)

Bravo - couldn't have put it better myself
    (But then I haven't really tried)

Advertisement