Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ugc is really starting to irritate me now....

• 22-12-2004 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

first it was the isle, next shaolin soccer, then just recently garden state and now finally house of flying daggers has been yet again delayed, with no release date in sight :mad:
    its a freaking piss take, being screwed over like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Ahhhh poor baby. Why not just take advantage? It's so cool how they only really check tickets at the bottom so you can go to quite a few films. Also, book your tickets online or by phone and get student ones, you don;t have to show a card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i used to sneak in(well once), but now they have heavy security.....and(apparently) have caught quite a few ppl. and i use my(out of date) student card anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

So does this mean that no cinema in Dublin in going to be showing House Of Flying Daggers? Please don't let the answer be "yes" . I've been waiting for freakin' ages for it. Surly others will be showing it. It has ads. on T.V. after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I wouldn't be too worried about missing out on the Isle. I got the DVD last week, I didn't find it to be all that great....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Umm it's not UGC's fault if the distributors don't send them the film reels! I'm assuming that the success of 'Hero' means there's less reels available and Ireland gets screwed over - all of Ireland and not just UGC. Ditto I assume good buzz means 'Garden State' has less copies for us because the Brits, or whomever, get the reels. It'd only be right to be angry with UGC if they were the only ones planning to show it but then didn't.

Anyway, 'Shaolin Soccer' is out this week and January seems to be a pretty heavy schedule. Must check out 'When the Last Sword is Drawn' too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

UGC are the best cinema in Dublin city centre imo.

I have my Unlimited card for them and it's the handiest thing I have (especially when I was spending 15 quid a day on the cinema over the summer...).

The ques always move pretty fast and the showings are on at decent times and actually start when they're supposed to.

They're not responsible for the movies being delayed, that's down to any number of outside influence... distributors, production companies, censors etc.

Why would UGC alone delay films when they only get the movies on limited release anyway...

Imo Savoy is the worst cinema out there... Manchurian Candidate started 15 minutes late, the cinema smelt of cheese and there were 20 minutes of ads (not trailers, like tv ads) before it and then there were NO trailers!

UGC show a couple of ads and then go into the trailers and they're usually on time.

Anyway, rant over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Stever is right there a great cinimas long live my ugc cinima card, that expires in 6 days, the day i go to amsterdam 4 new years. YAY Go UGC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

If you cant wait for HOFD you can pick it up from cdwow Hong Kong for
    about €13.80.They were selling it for abou €8.50 a few weeks ago but this new one is a two disc special edition;

http://www8.cd-wow.com.hk/detail_results_2.php?product_code=14430

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

i like the UGC.. the seats are nice, the cinemas are clean... and its usually just the right level of sound.
    Savoy sound can be hell... too loud or too low...

is the unlimited card worth it?

is the unlimited card worth it?
    Well during the Summer I had some days I spent up to 15 quid a DAY on the cinema so it worked out seriously well for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

yesterday i went to the ugc, got in on my out of date student card, and skipped into another film afterwards!

heh heh heh heh! :cool:

Wow... hardcore... rolleyes.gif

Advertisement