Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Bank Robbery

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

not this robbery, does the name Gerry McCabe ring any bells though

and since when did you have to take a bullet before you felt terrorised.

actually the customer is more entitled to the money behind the counter of a bank than the thieves who take it.

oh as long as no one was killed its grand so.

the same principal is behind the fact that membership of the IRA is illegal

There may be no evidence that a person icarried out any terrorist acts, yet he is a member of an organisation that does carry them out.

Shock horror

billy tries and turn it back to the IRA

is that all you can type about are they the only keys that work on your keyboard

IRA IRA IRA IRA IRA IRA

give it a rest

oh and the term "brittish commonwealth" was introduced into brittish paperwork before world war 1 and it was an agreement to form the irish parlament (home rule) which was the first document to bear the words "brittish Commonwealth"
    so what your a nit picker

this has no relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

no actually i was questioning your views on the morality of bank robbery.

my point is that Gerry McCabe was shot dead during a robbery of a similar nature. would the robbery in adare still be OK in your books. or would this fall into the same category as the "sick relative" hypothesis that you hold so dear.

robbing banks and threatening staff and their families, and killing people who are assigned to protect said money is wrong. but you seem to disagree

no actually i was questioning your views on the morality of bank robbery.

my point is that Gerry McCabe was shot dead during a robbery of a similar nature. would the robbery in adare still be OK in your books. or would this fall into the same category as the "sick relative" hypothesis that you hold so dear.

robbing banks and threatening staff and their families, and killing people who are assigned to protect said money is wrong. but you seem to disagree

the adare robbery was nothing at all like this the thieves went out of their way to avoid police or security so avoided the possibility of guns being used

the adare robbery was the height of stupidity as it nearly demanded confrontation with armed gardai
    besides it was a robbery on a post office I would not put An post into the same category as Banks

I never said it was OK to kill anybody whilst stealing money I am only talking about the taking of the money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

cdebru wrote:
    the adare robbery was nothing at all like this the thieves went out of their way to avoid police or security so avoided the possibility of guns being used

the adare robbery was the height of stupidity as it nearly demanded confrontation with armed gardai
    besides it was a robbery on a post office I would not put An post into the same category as Banks

I never said it was OK to kill anybody whilst stealing money I am only talking about the taking of the money

and terrorising the wives and children of the northern bank managers? wqas that moraly acceptable to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

cdebru wrote:
    and no it would not be fine to shoot a bank clerk
    but taking money from thieves thats ok
    What if the PSNI had shot the bank robbers as they walked out the door, then pocketed the money the robbers had just stolen? Would that be okay?
    and you have what evidence that they will need years of therapy
    You're right. Holding women and children at gunpoint while armed men walk off with their husband/father, that's everyday stuff and there's no chance that it might traumatise anyone.
    it is only money
    So why was it worth pointing guns at innocent people to get it?
    but if your only arguement for not taking the money is not upsetting the staff
    or their families then would it be ok to take the money if they had tunnelled into the bank
    Hmmm. Where exactly did I say that that was my only argument?
    I have no evidence that either of the bank officials involved have ever done anything immoral
    So everyone who was victimised and terrorised was innocent. And those who did do immoral things have suffered no personal loss or trauma.
    How exactly is that a good thing?

I've just been reading the last few pages...

Could someone clarify this,cdebru is saying its ok to rob a bank now, any bank because the banks are thieves?

Theres only one place where that view/opinion belongs and theres cloud cuckoo's in it.

Cdebru's ideas are well quite frankly off the wall and advocating law breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yes. Thread closed. This sort of message is not acceptable:
    cdebru wrote:
    anybody whilst stealing money I am only talking about the taking of the money

The mods may decide to ban you from this forum, I'll leave it up to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement