Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

éric cantona.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its good but not Cantona at his best as there is no mention of Trawlers or Seagulls. :D

Alan Hansen must really regret making those comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

hehe:D

sound really shocking?

lili wrote:
    hehe:D

sound really shocking?

At a press conference after his conviction for a kung-fu kick on a Crystal Palace fan, Cantona declared: "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you."

well, deep thought:)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What a legend.

• Advertisement

look at the opinion of a guy which posted about him in another site :

I personally dont like any of the political correctness nonsense that we see in society today. I also like it when people speak their mind when they really believe in something, but not if it is about insulting people. Everyone deserves respect. Cantona had a go at the English FA with regards to his 7 month ban for kicking a fan. He got what he deserved.

What I have observed about him is he is a very insecure man who hates authority and who constantly needs people to reassure him about his own worth. Unfortunatly he can be repulsive at times, and he is only nice to people who worship him. Not attractive at all. This might be his character, but this is because he chooses to be like that. We can all change for the better if we make the effort.

I like people to speak their mind as long as it is not going into the realms of insults, slurs and indecency. Where is his civility ? I genuinely think he needs therapy help. Something not right inside.

IMO, this guy didn't understand the personality of cantona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The Muppet wrote:
    At a press conference after his conviction for a kung-fu kick on a Crystal Palace fan, Cantona declared: "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you."

Didn't know that.

(have been living in a cave on Mars obviously !!!!!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Won't be popular with the Man Yoo crowd here, but I always thought Cantona was vastly overated. He never did anything of note on the international or European stage and is given far too much credit for helping United become the force they were in the 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Won't be popular with the Man Yoo crowd here, but I always thought Cantona was vastly overated. He never did anything of note on the international or European stage and is given far too much credit for helping United become the force they were in the 90s.
    While I agree with the above statement, a lot of credit has to be given to him for the time he scored the single goal everytime when they won about 6 games in a row 1-0 and went on to win the league.

Well he did score 20 goals in 43 appearances for a poor French side. And he did score 5 goals in 16 appearances for United in the Champions League. It really isn't too bad for someone that isn't an out and out striker. He was always more of a creative forward than anything.

• Advertisement

That viewpoint would not be popular with Man United supporters anywhere. They still chant his name at OT. Cantona is a living legend to United supporters which is all that matters really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

the thing is, Cantona made ten times as many goals as he scored, he did brilliant things with a football and brought everyone at United on to another level. He deserves the credit he gets because he was the final piece in the jigsaw that made one of the best teams United and English football has ever seen.

i saw a documentary about cantona.
    his come back in oldtraford after his ban was quite impressive!
    does another foreigner player got a such ovation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

great player but vastly over rated by some imo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He is the king, a talent not since in England since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

jank wrote:
    great player but vastly over rated by some imo

very true .

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Judas!!!

Great player, without him Leeds wouldn't have won the league in 1992 and then, of all the teams he could have joined, he had to go to that lot!! :mad:

zaph wrote:
    Judas!!!

Great player, without him Leeds wouldn't have won the league in 1992 and then, of all the teams he could have joined, he had to go to that lot!! :mad:

you left out the " for only one million pound " bit. :D

I don't think we ever thanked Leeds enough for their wonderful christmas present that year.

Thanks .

Thanks Leeds! ;)

Advertisement