Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what games are ye looking forward to in the new year

Options
  • 22-12-2004 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering what games are ye looking forward to in the new year on the ps2 , xbox and gamecube

im looking forward to star wars knights of the old republic 2 [any body play it yet]

and snake eater on the ps2

etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oh.. Resident Evil 4 is the big one I'm looking forward to.

And Mario Party 6 should be good too... I miss not having a new Mario Party game for Christmas... It will be coming with a microphone apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh.. Resident Evil 4 is the big one I'm looking forward to.

And Mario Party 6 should be good too... I miss not having a new Mario Party game for Christmas... It will be coming with a microphone apparently...

a microphone why do ya need a microphone with game?

You talk to the game and it responds. It's only for some of the mini-games and you can use a controller instead if you want, which I'm sure you'd have to do in a multiplayer game.

There is a whole surival horror game on the PS2 that uses a microphone. You're stuck in control room of a space station and you have to give orders to this girl who is able to walk freely about the station. I don't think it really worked out too well...

The Nintendo DS has a microphone built in as well. There is a level in Feel the Magic where you have to shout "I love you" at the DS as loud as you can... it's very funny....

And thus concludes my 1000th post....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Probably the DS and PSP to see what they are like. Games wise, Mario DS, Resi 4, FFXII (hope its better than FFX-2) and snake eater.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is a level in Feel the Magic where you have to shout "I love you" at the DS as loud as you can... it's very funny....
    You can shout whatever you want... it doesn't matter (you can blow on the microphone and it'll work) :)

I'm looking forward to the expansion pack for Doom 3 (hopefully they've learnt from the mistakes in the main game). Also looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

On the NDS, I can't wait for the Warioware Touched. On the cube, I want Viewtiful Joe 2, and the new Zelda game....

• Advertisement

TmB wrote:
    You can shout whatever you want... it doesn't matter (you can blow on the microphone and it'll work) :)
    Sheesh... where's the fun in that?

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Probably the DS and PSP to see what they are like. Games wise, Mario DS, Resi 4, FFXII (hope its better than FFX-2) and snake eater.

FFX-2 was crap im a big fan of final fantasy games i cant wait for FFXII saw some screen shots looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA!!!! resi 4 too. will have it in january if all goes to plan.
    Viewtiful joe 2 should be excellent. advance wars ds should rock like a mofo!
    hopefully a zelda ds game will be there too.

there isnt much comin out for xbox next year it seems. id love to give mgs 3 a go, maye buy a ps2 and Ico cause i hear it's whopper! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm cautiously awaiting FF12.
    I'm waiting for Snake Eater, and trying to avoid taking in any hype that might give me inflated expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Duke Nukem Forever!

But seriously, I think I'll be occupied with most of the great games that have come out recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Resident Evil 4
    Actually getting my hands on a Nintendo DS, and Wario Ware Inc DS.
    Zelda (though that's probably for this time next year...:()
    Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Suikoden 4
    Gran Turismo 4
    Black & White 2 possibly, haven't heard much about it in a while
    MGS 3
    Super Monkey Ball Deluxe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TimAnne

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Viewtiful joe 2 should be excellent.
    its just more of the same tbh. then again, i'm stuck near the start of the second reel :(

resi4, Starfox armada and Resi4 are the main ones i'm looking forward to
    /edit
    oh yeah, looking forward to seeing how killer 7 turns out...

Crucifix wrote:
    I'm cautiously awaiting FF12.
    I'm waiting for Snake Eater, and trying to avoid taking in any hype that might give me inflated expectations.

FF12 is supposed to have gone back to its roots its not going to be like X-2 [thank God]

and im hoping to get snake eater tomorrow hopefully i cant wait i wonder whose it going to be Big boss or snake

Dont tell me ok

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Resident Evil 4 is the lone biggie for me at the moment. Haven't been really thinking of next year; there's still so much from this year that I have to play.

snoopdog wrote:
    ...and im hoping to get snake eater tomorrow...
    :eek: Is it out already? Or do you mean import or some such?

Crucifix wrote:
    :eek: Is it out already? Or do you mean import or some such?

some such mate i can hook you up if ya want pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

WIPEOUT WIPEOUT WIPEOUT WIPEOUT WIPEOUT!!!!!! ARGHHHHHH
    - oh and since you asked us to confine ourselves to the trinity I'll say Resident Evil 4 for the Cubey! Ah dishing out death to villagers... brings a warm feeling to my trigger fingers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

GT4
    RES evil4
    will both be worth the wait!

GT4
    RES evil4
    will both be worth the wait!

is resident evil 4 on the GC only

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How could I forget Zelda and Suikoden 4.
    FF12 is supposed to have gone back to its roots its not going to be like X-2

I don't think so. They are using some weird MMORG type battle system that seems a bit crap. The Vagrant Story team are working on it. I loved Vagrant Story because of the story, music and graphical style but the battle system was really flawed. And I think Hironobu Sakaguchi wrote the story for VS and he left. some one else is doing the FFXII story. Hope its not the clown who wrote the abysmal FFX-2 storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TimAnne

snoopdog wrote:
    is resident evil 4 on the GC only
    a PS2 version will be following 9 months after the gamecube version is released.
    so this time next year for the pal release...

Retr0gamer wrote:
    How could I forget Zelda and Suikoden 4.

I don't think so. They are using some weird MMORG type battle system that seems a bit crap. The Vagrant Story team are working on it. I loved Vagrant Story because of the story, music and graphical style but the battle system was really flawed. And I think Hironobu Sakaguchi wrote the story for VS and he left. some one else is doing the FFXII story. Hope its not the clown who wrote the abysmal FFX-2 storyline.

i must have heard wrong then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Did I hear somethin about a new Wipeout? That would be sweet. the original fried my brain many times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

wario ware ds, metroid hunters, final fantasy crystal chronicles ds, new "tales of" game for ds.... possibly a Chrono Trigger remake...

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ...They are using some weird MMORG type battle system that seems a bit crap...
    That reminds me, I heard 12 is set in the world of Final Fantasy tactics. I really hope that doesn't mean the tactics battle system aswell.

It is set in ivalice just like all the FF games since Sakaguchi-san left Square. I don't think he would be happy with the way the series is going if he was still working there. Don't worry it won't have a FF tactics advance battle system. Wish they would do a new FF tactics game with the fantastic system from the far superior PS1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Battlefield 2. It's going to be massive.

Also, gta:sa for the pc.

Jade empire looks very good so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

The game I'm most looking forward to next year is katamari damaci, that's if it comes out in europe at all, also looking forward to the next zelda game for the cube. Nintendo said it would be here in 2005 so it obviously will.....it's not like they regularly miss release dates with the big games......After that theres project rub and fallout 3, but I don't know the date for that, I'll be looking forward to it next year any way.

Advertisement