Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering some games from America

Options
  • 22-12-2004 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭

im thinking of ordering some games from America for my xbox and ps2 just wondering wheres the best place to get it.I was thinking of getting the games from here
    http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/prod?Item_Number=30763

and i know the website above is a Uk but if thats gets me the game i dont care.Has anyone ordered off them

i have my xbox chipped and i want to make full use of it

i prefere just to get a copy of the star wars knights 2 game but no one has it

i really want Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

can any one advice me please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used them to get Animal Crossing for the Gamecube... back when it looked like it would never be released over here.

And more recently I used them to get my Nintendo DS.

I had no problems with them on either occasion. I'm not a big importer, so I'm not sure if they are the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I used them to get Animal Crossing for the Gamecube... back when it looked like it would never be released over here.

I had no problems with them on either occasion. I'm not a big importer, so I'm not sure if they are the cheapest.

interested thanks Monkey fudge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

dont use importmadness, they are cock nibblers. www.videogamesplus.ca are the future. 3 days by normal post from canada is the usual delivery time for them.

so do http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ they deliver to Ireland

saw that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II cost 70 canadian dollars whats that in euro again

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

snoopdog wrote:
    so do http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ they deliver to Ireland

saw that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II cost 70 canadian dollars whats that in euro again
    www.xe.com for all your currency converting needs.

• Advertisement

so it will cost me 42 euro about thay much

yo disco stu have your ordered of them before are they reliable how do they take payment etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I ordered KOTOR2 from Import Madness and had no problems, it arrived very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've ordered a few games from videogamesplus.ca
    The only time I had a problem was when they sent me NHL2k5 instead of NFL2k5, they responded to email very quickly and offered to pay all postage for an exchange, but I said that was too much hassle and talked them into letting me keep NHL and selling me NFL at half price.
    All in all they seem to have good service.

yo steviec is video game plus very quick to deliver games and how much is the postage and how do they take payment etc

im getting my self the Ds how do importmadness accept payment probly paypal which i dont do dammit

• Advertisement

Why not sign up for paypal? They can take money transfer from your bank account now in Ireland so you don't even need a credit card.

steviec wrote:
    Why not sign up for paypal? They can take money transfer from your bank account now in Ireland so you don't even need a credit card.
    ill see

what do i have to do to sighn up for paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

also check out www.dvdsoon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i have similar questions. ie who does free delivery and who is the quickest/most reliable.?

im gonna be gettin resi 4 and i think im getin it from liksang unless anyone can persuade me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Whatever you do, under no circumstances should you try and use dvdboxoffice.com... I think alot of us here have had some serious issues with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ok well my list so far is

liksang(free delivery)
    dvdsoon
    videogamesplus(cant get onto the website)
    impostmadness

anyone know if the others do free delivery? dvdsoon is the cheapest on RE4 so far. I need to get a free loader and i might get the chainsaw too. dunno anywhere except liksang that's doin the chainsaw

Liksang's delivery are very slow, although I have to say their customer support is the best I've come across from any company in any environment, and they're well stocked.
    Videogamesplus.ca are much faster, I haven't used them in a while but I know last time I bought stuff there the currency exchange really favoured the euro which made them very cheap. Not sure if that's still the case. Not sure if this is down to the canadian postal service or just bad luck, but a few of the games i've gotten from Videogameplus.ca have had broken boxes(the middle bit that u press when taking the cd out), which can be quite annoying. Their customer support is also very good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

One site I have used is www.cduniverse.com which has served me very well in the past.

i have it sorted now my friend is going to let me use his credit card so star wars knights of the old republic here i come also i may get some Ds games

where is the best selection but great price for Ds games and hardware

you know video plus how do they deliver the goods to you

by corrior or normal post

and one more thing my xbox is chipped it will play these normal games from America right

• Advertisement
Advertisement