Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headers!!!

Options
  • 22-12-2004 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me where i keep going wrong with my headers? literally everyone semms to go over or wide, i have tried holding down on the anologue stick but they still go over. please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

try and back off where the ball will be played a bit.. it gives the attacker more space to attack the ball, and thus more control over where the header goes..

i think you might have to use super cancel to stop the players run first.. not sure hwo to do this, i think its R1+R2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You're timing is wrong, you are probably pressing it too early, or at least it sounds like it.
    Also your aim is probably wrong.

You have to either wait until the lsat minute to press the header button, or you have to press it, and hold it, and release it at the perfect moment.
    Aiming is also very important, if you are at the bottompost, and you aim anywhere but up, you will not score, it will go wide.

Practice it in free training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i find holding r2 and timing it right gives some amazing results when it works but not all headers go in in real life either

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Aim for the far corner. It works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

headers are amazing when they are done right
    pity i only fluke them every now and again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Odd i cross the ball then push up on the analog stick to get the player over the ball then when its at his head press down and X , always work the keeper doing that and if positioned right , its a simple goal.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

been working on them lately and today playing as Italy [with my bro] v China, every goal we scored was a header incl. 2 diving headers and 2 from wide crosses into the box.

class when they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I score them sometimes, I press up on the d-pad and the diagonal direction going with the cross. Er, that's kind of confusing, if the cross comes from the left then up and diagonal left and shoot.
    Sometimes they go in, alot of the time they go over and sometimes they go wide. I think it really depends on the cross, I try to whip corners in as close as possible to the goal so if you do connect and it's on target you never miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

for me, the double tap of the long pass button down near the endline gives the best cross and end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah, I don't cross that often when playing the computer, I bring it into the box and hope they foul me, which they do, alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I score lots of headers. Same sort of style as you Makaveli, Up and away from the cross (it is difficult to describe isnt it?). Just have to time it right. I score nearly every time that one of my forwards gets his head on a cross (70-80% of the time i reckon). The old double tap of the cross from halfway between the edge of the area and the endline seems to work best - gives the striker time to get to the near post.

Score loads of headers from corners - Rio Ferdinand is a beast for them. I always take the corners with the opposite footed player (ie a lefty taking right side corners, etc) swings it in near post and the defenders find it hard to handle. Works best against the computer as players tend to learn and come for it.

Advertisement