Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst challenge ever?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

jesus christ the poor guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

nasty, poor lad.

The presenter in that clip sounds like starvin marvin tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Fcuk that is a shocker!

His leg nearly comes off :eek:

I'd jail the ****er

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

That wasn't very nice now was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i'm usually not the one to advocate this kind of thing, but in this case If I was the player in question or his family, I would be paying a very nice sum of money to some thugs to return the favor to the guy that made the tackle, and permenantly **** up his legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jebus :eek:

The guy who made the "tackle" should never be let near a football pitch again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jesus Christ, that was horrible.

10 games? That is a joke, he should have been banned for life alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Thought he was going for the ball.

BolBill wrote:
    Thought he was going for the ball.
    Yes, he clearly was, just a bit mistimed and high, that's all.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Access Denied. Did anyone make a copy ?

• Advertisement

Gandalf, I have a copy on my machine here, if you want I can email it to you?

What kind of connection have you?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wasn't an exceptionally malicious foul, just came off all wrong.

Thanks Sean but I am on dialup at home and the corporate enforcement drones here would not be well pleased if I got a big email :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Do'h, yea it's gone now. Anyone care to upload it?

PM me and tell me how, and I'll do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote:
    Okay, go to the link from this link

Go at it thru the link in the quote, it brings u to foot.ie, and use the link there.

That is dead as well. I would say that person has taken the file down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Works fine for me :confused:

Perhaps go straight o foot.ie, to the general football forum, that way it will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

its a horror tackle, but who knows what led up to it. the guy making the tackle looked like he'd completely lost it the first time we see him. i'd love to see the whole match to see who or why he'd got so wound up. there was no attempt whatsoever to get the ball, it was a "this guy isn't going any further today" style tackle. the fact the tackler went in so high shows his intent, a years ban would be more appropriate than 10 matches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FFS, it was a bad tackle, and yes he should be punished, he jumped in miss the ball and badly hurt a player, but I don't think he ment to do him, it was a mistake.
    Certain players in the EPL have admitted that they ment to commit just as dangerous tackles (one player who i wont name effectivly ended another players carear) and got away with 3-4 match bans.
    I hope the player injured is able to play again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Seaneh wrote:
    Certain players in the EPL have admitted that they ment to commit just as dangerous tackles (one player who i wont name effectivly ended another players carear) and got away with 3-4 match bans.
    It was the opposite leg that ended his career, not the leg that the anonymous player caught him on. Just thought I'd clear that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Link is working again.
    Seaneh wrote:
    FFS, it was a bad tackle, and yes he should be punished, he jumped in miss the ball and badly hurt a player, but I don't think he ment to do him, it was a mistake.

My arse Seaneh, there was no intention to get the ball there! Looks to me (from the positioning of the defence and goal) like he'd just given the ball away in a good position and was raging about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

He did appear to be pissed. Listen for the word "penalty" in the commentary, and notice one of his own team sitting on the ground in the penalty box. It looks, to me, like he's angry about his team not getting a penatly and just goes over the top.
    However, he should be banned for life. It was disgraceful, and as a 'sportman' that kind of behaviour should not be present on the pitch. Make an example of him I say! :) Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Link isnt workin for me. Plz tell me someone has a copy to upload cos I have to see it!

Advertisement