Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Press Forget Phantom

Options
  • 22-12-2004 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

don't you just love the fact that those trendy old grand dads in Hot Press are still refusing to mention the fact that Phantom fm got the fulltime licence. For the first time EVER Dublin gets a fully legit full time alternative rock station and Hot Press forget to mention it for 3 issues running. Mind you they did do a lovely interview with Amanda Brunker in this issue. Before that they did a feature on Lillies. Oh, and they gave Bryan McFaddens new album a 7/10 rating. Keeping Ireland Safe for Rock'n'Roll indeed ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

There was a small mention on hotpress.com on the night that phantom was awarded the licence. Havn't read anything since...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

they're probably more concern whether the darkness are releasing a crimbo song again......
    Phantom is and always has been the alternative voice of Dublin, we are humans among animals my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 LeonaK

I am only suprised that you're suprised...

By the way, can we have custom avatars on this board?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

hehehe
    ah hotpress are a bunch of wagons.

I wrote them a letter to the ediitorail questiioning the lack of coverage.. surprise surprise it wasn't printed! Knew it wouldn't be.. but jsut gotta make them aware and remove their heads from the liffey mud* them seem to live in...

*ok its christmas eve.. no questioning strange analogies*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

...hey wait a sec. i didnt leave that top message.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i wrote them a ltter one time and then i rubbed it out becaus ei realised i was giving too much of a sh/it about nothing.

i wrote them a ltter one time and then i rubbed it out becaus ei realised i was giving too much of a sh/it about nothing.

ah i was jsut slagging them off really what with their knowledge of "whats going on" and well at least i don't spend my time on the message board of the radio station that i hate with a passion

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'm not gonna join in the hotpress bashing, as it's been giving them more attention than they deserve, but why care about what they say/don't say?? They give too much clout to the random Frames/Damo immitations out there. They are no different to major record labels trying to produce the next busted or Britney by pumping cash into some talentless pile of shíte. Their soul raison d'être is to get to the new fad first. They don't care about genuine causes. Only their own.

Anyway, back to the errr point. Hotpress 2004 is empty.

Hehe "I'm not gonna join in the hotpress bashing"...that worked ;)

i can't say i'm a fan of hotpress at all.. and i am a HUGE fan of phantom so therefore i may have a slighly biased opinion in favour of phantom but no coverage of the actual awarding of the licence seems like bad reporting. Hotpress had coverage of the licence up until the stage when Phantom were actually awarded the licence

Whether i do or do not like them is one thing.. but its just seems a tad silly on their part saying they know whats going on etc and ignoring a development such as the awarding of a full time rock service for the dublin market.Phantom getting the licence....if the bid involving Zed Fm had got the licence i sure theyre would have been abit more coverage..

but anyway as dregin says who cares what Hotpress say.... the good guys won in the end.. Wooo go PHantom and 1st july!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

daram wrote:
    don't you just love the fact that those trendy old grand dads in Hot Press are still refusing to mention the fact that Phantom fm got the fulltime licence. For the first time EVER Dublin gets a fully legit full time alternative rock station and Hot Press forget to mention it for 3 issues running. Mind you they did do a lovely interview with Amanda Brunker in this issue. Before that they did a feature on Lillies. Oh, and they gave Bryan McFaddens new album a 7/10 rating. Keeping Ireland Safe for Rock'n'Roll indeed ...

You fools! Can you not see how incredibly credible McFadden is! Can you not see his credible clothing! And that oh so credible beard growing out of his gigantic credible head! My god if he’s so incredibly credible we should all bow down to his incredibly credible credibility!

Seriously though he’s a *EXSPLETIVE THAT CAN NOT BE USED ON THE BOARDS* .

Ahh Hot Press and all the reasons I dont read you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chupacabras

I like hotpress, they gave me free stuff this year wortha total of €100, whereas all Phantom gave me was the best radio station, so I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

i got hotpress once.........thats all i have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I've never even read it once......and it sounds like im missing the 'movement man'. ps any1 know anywhere that plays good tunes of stephen's day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i think the reason hotpress never mentioned it might be that they have their tongue lodged firmly in 2fm's/Todayfm's ass....
    can anyone tell me if that mag that was running by leagues o'toole is still going, can't remember what it was called, but i think it looked like a good alternative to hotpress, and they had a regular free cd to it too... had a bit of an uncut look to it, mind you even uncut's giving into popularity.. U2 on the cover and a Chanel add on the back cover a few months ago, not to mention the all new ultimate sell-out gesture a glossy cover... uncut legends is a helluva mag though, every month they make an entire mag containing a particular artist.. Bob Dylan was the first... helluva read

as well as in the Zed fm bid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chupacabras

Shanannigan, League's magazine is called Foggy Notions, only out every few months

Advertisement