Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl FTA Receivers Dec 30th - €70

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

I found this list online:

http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

A few sites i found:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=-1000000&Y=7000000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=0&scale=10000000&multimap.x=307&multimap.y=147 - find your position

http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm - type your latitude and longitude into this page and the satellite you want to point at and it tells you where to point.

Can you link two satellites into one tuner? For example, have an existing sky digital box pointed at 28.2 degrees and another pointed at 19.2 degrees for sw updates for example?

darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Hi zenith,

I already had my dish installed for Sky, so I just put the cable in the back of the FTA box to get it working. I noticed it was missing a couple of the BBC transponders (most of the BBC1 English regions and the non-English BBC2 regions). When I did a channel scan before the reset it was searching 77 transponders, after the reset it was 82.

I think (and I'm working from memory here, so it might not be so accurate) that when installing my dish I moved it to the left of where Astra 1 (19.2) was to find Astra 2 (28.2). Assuming your dish is attatched to something flat, you need to move your dish downwards too - I always think of the dish looking up when it's aligned to Astra 1, but looking straight ahead when it's at Astra 2. I always find it relatively easy to find Astra 1, but a bugger to lock on to Astra 2. I think (and someone can correct me on this) is because Astra 1 has lots of analogue channels on it so the meter starts making noise sooner, whereas Astra 2 is mostly (all?) digital so you have to be more precise.

Let us know how you get on. I'm going to have another crack at mine tomorrow (weather permitting) because I want to put another dish up for Astra 2 and move the existing one to a dual Astra 1/Hotbird set-up (had the bracket for ages but haven't done anything about it yet).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

well i was at Lidl Blakestown this morning. what a mess. everyone just tried to force there way in. this is not the first time i have had this problem queing up there. gave up about 9:20 because no one was going anywhere and the ticket system was a farce. there were people writing numbers on pages beside me saying they had a number to get in.. i just left and went to work. no point in waisting my time
    When i left i drove by blanch and there was an orderly que with no problems.. typical i suppose.
    went back @ lunch time and everything ws gone, i thought i might get a bit or too that ws left, but nothing.
    brother picked up the dish in tipp and a bracket, i drove to lexlip and got the reciever, the sat finder, but there was more chance of me finding a talking snowman than getting an LNB... no where has them, not in dublin, not in tipp, not in lexlip, kildare, edenderry or newbridge, i checked and not a thing... seems that a lot of people bought the LNB or 2 or 3 of them.. they just said they were the first to go.. what a load of rubbish,
    so im in the hunt for a LNB, anyone got any ideas? does anyine know if there is any in Newry or enniskellin, or some where down the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Can you link two satellites into one tuner? For example, have an existing sky digital box pointed at 28.2 degrees and another pointed at 19.2 degrees for sw updates for example?

Darragh you can do that alright but not normally with a sky digibox. Digiboxes are really designed to be used with one target zone in mind ie. Astra2/Eurobird at 28east.
    To do this with a non-skybox you would use a thing called a DiseqC switch which also requires that you are using a DiseqC compatible receiver. Basically you connect each LNB to a different input on the switch, then set the receiver to consider LNB1 as Astra2 LNB2 as Astra1 LNB3 as Hotbird or whichever order you have connected the to the switch. When the receiver wants to receive a channel that is on a satellite other than the one it is currently using it sends a tone down the line to the DiseqC switch telling it to change to the LNB it needs. All this is done automatically and is very handy.
    The LIDL free to air receiver is capable of working with a four way DiseqC setup if necessary. I will be trying this box out myself with a three way DiseqC setup in the coming weeks. Satellite.ie sell DiseqC switches, I believe it is about €23 for a 4 way and about €21 for a 3 way. Give a search under Johannson (the switch manufacturers) if you want to see them.

Now to get back to the Skybox. While it is designed to be used with only one satellite position/LNB, somebody has invented a method of using 2 using a special adapter which utilises a feature of the scart connection on the digibox as a way of switching. I think it actually takes the RGB signal voltage to activate a switch. So if you use this the tv won't instantly switch over to SKy the moment you turn on the digibox like it normally does. I think to switch LNB you just power off and power back on again but couldn't swear as I've never tried it personally. Satcure in the UK sell these gizmos. Items CS012 LNB electronic switch and CS012-A adapter for Sky Digibox are on the link page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

dbyrne wrote:
    so im in the hunt for a LNB, anyone got any ideas? does anyine know if there is any in Newry or enniskellin, or some where down the country?

what price were the lnb's, maybe i can help?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I was very surprised with Lidl here in Galway, They seemed to have lots of stock of both dishes and recievers. I went to Argos next door to buy some stuff at 9am, there was a large queue outside lidl then. When I fnished at about 9.30 in Argos, the car park was full of people with their dishes/recievers etc. What amazed me was at 9.30 I was able to walk straight into Lidl and noticed they still had lots of stock! (I didn'y buy any as I have quite a professional set up my self already, Just fancied being nosy) I think it was LNB's that were running out or were short stocked.

I would say over half the people that were buying these fta systems wouldn't know an LNB from a f connector and I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are trying to put them up. I know from talking to people with hardly any sat experience, A lot of people just think putting a dish up on the wall will work like a tv aerial and you just have to turn it to get the best signal. I actually witnessed a guy once (From scandanavia) who lives local put the dish up on the north side of his house and was pointing it NE in the sky. I gave him some advice (Which he wasn't happy about) and told me he thought it had to point towards the country he wanted to recieve signals from! He was even less happier when I informed him that the dish he had would not pick up anything from scandanavia and that he needed a subscription as well.

I will give some advice though, when finding the satellite you want. When tightening the bolts up, Tighten up all bolts in rotation not just one on the clamps as you will find the clamp will turn the dish around the pole whilst tightening (knocking dish of the satellite). So doing all bolts up in rotation will cancel this out. Another way if bolts are hard to get up in awkward positions, set the dish up off set of the satellite (Opposite side to how the dish will rotate when doing the bolt up) When the bolt is tightened up the dish will rotate on its fittings back to direct line of sight of desired satellite. I find that doing bolts up the wrong way can move the dish 3 or 4 degrees.

Last thing I must stress, A properly alligned dish is no good if you don't have a good lnb and proper high quality cable.

duridian wrote:
    Darragh you can do that alright but not normally with a sky digibox. Digiboxes are really designed to be used with one target zone in mind ie. Astra2/Eurobird at 28east.
    To do this with a non-skybox you would use a thing called a DiseqC switch which also requires that you are using a DiseqC compatible receiver. Basically you connect each LNB to a different input on the switch, then set the receiver to consider LNB1 as Astra2 LNB2 as Astra1 LNB3 as Hotbird or whichever order you have connected the to the switch. When the receiver wants to receive a channel that is on a satellite other than the one it is currently using it sends a tone down the line to the DiseqC switch telling it to change to the LNB it needs. All this is done automatically and is very handy.
    The LIDL free to air receiver is capable of working with a four way DiseqC setup if necessary. I will be trying this box out myself with a three way DiseqC setup in the coming weeks. Satellite.ie sell DiseqC switches, I believe it is about €23 for a 4 way and about €21 for a 3 way. Give a search under Johannson (the switch manufacturers) if you want to see them.

Now to get back to the Skybox. While it is designed to be used with only one satellite position/LNB, somebody has invented a method of using 2 using a special adapter which utilises a feature of the scart connection on the digibox as a way of switching. I think it actually takes the RGB signal voltage to activate a switch. So if you use this the tv won't instantly switch over to SKy the moment you turn on the digibox like it normally does. I think to switch LNB you just power off and power back on again but couldn't swear as I've never tried it personally. Satcure in the UK sell these gizmos. Items CS012 LNB electronic switch and CS012-A adapter for Sky Digibox are on the link page.

Is it because each receiver gives out 9 V that the problem is?

Or does each LNB transmit to the receiver on the same frequency?

In essence this DiseqC box allows a receiver to connect to three LNBs? Each LNB is wired to the DiseqC and there is one length of coax going to the receiver? For the sky digibox, should it receive its feed before or after the DiseqC?

Thanks,

Darragh

The diseqc switch will only switch between LNBS (Multi LNBS or Multi fixed dishes). This fits behind the dish with short patch leads to LNB's. One cable feeds this switch from the reciever. The recievers can be controlled by a priority switch (Only one reciever can be used at one time UNLESS Both recievers are recieving from same satellite, transponder e.g BBC1 on one and BBC2 on the other) Priority switch is fitted at the back of recievers.

Please note, Sky digibox has no diseqc facility so make sure lnb looking at 28.2E is number one LNB on Diseqc switch. Also when using second reciever make sure when that is turned off it is turned off whilst on a 28.2E channel or diseqc 1 LNB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭wolfe25

duridian wrote:
    I am quite surprised that so many post that they thought the satfinder useless. I thought it was a gift of a gadget. .
    :)

Great informative thread.... Many thanks.

• Advertisement

Tony wrote:
    what price were the lnb's, maybe i can help?
    The LIDL LNBs were €9.99 Tony. were branded Comag, same as the receiver.
    snaps wrote:
    I will give some advice though, when finding the satellite you want. When tightening the bolts up, Tighten up all bolts in rotation not just one on the clamps as you will find the clamp will turn the dish around the pole whilst tightening (knocking dish of the satellite). So doing all bolts up in rotation will cancel this out. Another way if bolts are hard to get up in awkward positions, set the dish up off set of the satellite (Opposite side to how the dish will rotate when doing the bolt up) When the bolt is tightened up the dish will rotate on its fittings back to direct line of sight of desired satellite. I find that doing bolts up the wrong way can move the dish 3 or 4 degrees.
    That is a very good point actually.
    Is it because each receiver gives out 9 V that the problem is?

Or does each LNB transmit to the receiver on the same frequency?

In essence this DiseqC box allows a receiver to connect to three LNBs? Each LNB is wired to the DiseqC and there is one length of coax going to the receiver? For the sky digibox, should it receive its feed before or after the DiseqC?

Thanks,

Darragh

Regarding either tpe of switch: Yes it allows the use of several LNBs with a receiver, however remember that it is a switch and therefore only one of the LNBs is actually connected at any one time. The frequencies on the various satellites would overlap to some degree and so therefore the downconverted signals also overlap so it also makes better sense in this way that only one satellite's signals are fed to the tuner in the receiver at a time.

Regarding the Digibox switch: The 9V signal for the switch (it isn't a DiseqC switch, just an electronic switch) is taken from one of the pins in the scart connector. Proper DiseqC switches are switched by the receiver sending a tone up the coaxial signal cable to the switch.
    The Digibox would get it's feed from the switch so therefore after the switch. Bear in mind that the electronic switch & adapter trick for the Digibox is really just a bit of jurry-rigging to give a DiseqC like arrangement. As I said before digiboxes are really meant for one thing - receiving Sky Digital. The limited number of 50 "Other channels" which can be programmed into a digibox also shows this. If you want to go tuning in FTA channels other than those on Astra2/Eurobird you'd really be better off with a free to air type of receiver than a digibox as it would be more versatile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

did Waterford Lidl have receivers in the evening?

damn it if they did. would be handy for Astra 1

duridian wrote:
    Regarding either tpe of switch: Yes it allows the use of several LNBs with a receiver, however remember that it is a switch and therefore only one of the LNBs is actually connected at any one time. The frequencies on the various satellites would overlap to some degree and so therefore the downconverted signals also overlap so it also makes better sense in this way that only one satellite's signals are fed to the tuner in the receiver at a time.

Regarding the Digibox switch: The 9V signal for the switch (it isn't a DiseqC switch, just an electronic switch) is taken from one of the pins in the scart connector. Proper DiseqC switches are switched by the receiver sending a tone up the coaxial signal cable to the switch.
    The Digibox would get it's feed from the switch so therefore after the switch. Bear in mind that the electronic switch & adapter trick for the Digibox is really just a bit of jurry-rigging to give a DiseqC like arrangement. As I said before digiboxes are really meant for one thing - receiving Sky Digital. The limited number of 50 "Other channels" which can be programmed into a digibox also shows this. If you want to go tuning in FTA channels other than those on Astra2/Eurobird you'd really be better off with a free to air type of receiver than a digibox as it would be more versatile.

What if the Sky Dish has two F connections on the LNB? One could go to the digibox (as it is) and the other could go to the DiseqC, along with the feed from the other satellite dish pointed at 19.2 degrees. An acceptable setup?

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

My wife bought the reciever and dish without telling me the other day.
    When I went to get the LNB for it they were all gone. I tried 4 Lidl stores down
    here in Tipp and not one of them had an LNB left, one store had 20 dishes left
    no LNBs and when I asked the staff they said they had all been sold. Why people are buying the LNB's only I don't know.

Don't know much about satellite systems myself but was hoping to replace Chorus with one of these, I presume I could just buy an LNB from somewhere but does it have to be compatible with the reciever ?

okee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Glenn wrote:
    Let us know how you get on. I'm going to have another crack at mine tomorrow (weather permitting) because I want to put another dish up for Astra 2 and move the existing one to a dual Astra 1/Hotbird set-up (had the bracket for ages but haven't done anything about it yet).

A little more patience, and I found Astra 2 alright. Thanks to all for the advice/help. For some reason, Astra 2 does appear to be a little more difficult to pin down: there's only a very tiny partial reception zone for the satfinder to work in. But all sorted now.

For a total outlay of about Eur120 - including some cable and a drillbit - this can't be beat! Plus, kept me amused for two days also.

duridian wrote:
    The LIDL LNBs were €9.99 Tony. were branded Comag, same as the receiver.

hard to beat that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Thought some people might be interested in the fta radio stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Don't know much about satellite systems myself but was hoping to replace Chorus with one of these, I presume I could just buy an LNB from somewhere but does it have to be compatible with the reciever ?

Yeah, any standard satellite LNB will do, as long as it fits in the bracket (and even that is a standard size I believe).

I recommend an Alps LNB.

What if the Sky Dish has two F connections on the LNB? One could go to the digibox (as it is) and the other could go to the DiseqC, along with the feed from the other satellite dish pointed at 19.2 degrees. An acceptable setup?

Darragh
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Using a normal line from the Dual LNB to the Skybox and putting a DiseqC switch into action on a free to air receiver as well would definitely be the best way.
    okee wrote:

It's just a normal Universal LNB you need. The body where the clamp holds it on the dish arm is 40mm which is pretty much the most popular size as well. You can get one from the like of Satellite.ie. any of the LNBs in that link will work fine for you except the ones that mention Sky as they are specifically designed to fit the Sky Minidish. By the way those LNBs aren't dear by normal standards, it's just that the LNBs at LIDL are so abnormally cheap(also probably why they sell out so quickly). Maybe Tony on here can get you a deal on an LNB, I believe he is involved with Satellite.ie
    zenith wrote:
    A little more patience, and I found Astra 2 alright. Thanks to all for the advice/help. For some reason, Astra 2 does appear to be a little more difficult to pin down: there's only a very tiny partial reception zone for the satfinder to work in. But all sorted now.

For a total outlay of about Eur120 - including some cable and a drillbit - this can't be beat! Plus, kept me amused for two days also.

Good, glad you got it working. I think the reason people find Astra2 hard to find is perhaps partly because of the way the dish looks when it's focussed on that satellite from here in Ireland. It almost looks as if the dish is facing the ground because of the way that the dish is tilted forward. Until you actually see it working this way it can be somewhat hard to believe that this is the way it should be. All a bit of an illusion caused by the curvature of the earth.

duridian wrote:
    Until you actually see it working this way it can be somewhat hard to believe that this is the way it should be. All a bit of an illusion caused by the curvature of the earth.

Yeah off set dishes as opposed to prime focus can throw you

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Tony
    What is the equivalent package you could offer??

• Advertisement

yop wrote:
    Tony
    What is the equivalent package you could offer??

Sorry cant answer that as it would constitute advertising which is not allowed on this forum

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sorry lad, did not realise that.

yop wrote:
    Sorry lad, did not realise that.

no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

so can someone recommed where to get the LBN and cable, went to maplin and they said that they were sold out of everything, what about peats or somewhere elses (in dublin) or on the net?

can anyone recommend a good LNB? dont care if it is expensive just has to work with all the other parts from lidl?
    do ALdi ever do satellite dishes etc?
    i know you cannot advertise here but making suggestions is not advertising.

cheers

dbyrne wrote:

cheers

thats true of course but its just that I cant answer a direct question such as the one above. If you look in the sticky thread for shops both bricks and mortar and online there are lots of places that sell the things you need.

Good luck hope you find what you need

dbyrne wrote:
    so can someone recommed where to get the LBN and cable, went to maplin and they said that they were sold out of everything, what about peats or somewhere elses (in dublin) or on the net?

can anyone recommend a good LNB? dont care if it is expensive just has to work with all the other parts from lidl?
    do ALdi ever do satellite dishes etc?

cheers

Try satellite.ie - just mention that you were recommended from boards.ie and you're looking for a LNB to go with your Lidl Freeview box.

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

dbyrne wrote:

If you're in a rush to get it you could try Electroplus - they have a shop
    on Shantalla Road in Beaumont.

http://mail.electroplus.ie:8080/electroplusWebsite/

And they have an endorsement from our dear leader, Bertie Ahern, so they must be good ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Just a quick word of thanks to all on this thread - just finished installing the dish and reciever - the sat finder info was very handy...

One thing is - I think I am picking up the Astra 1 satalite - loads of channels, mosly german - I have mtv central and the like and a listing for all the bbc channells but all I get is a black screen - the reciver seems to lock in but no picture - any ideas - is the bbc channels just on astra 2 and if so does that mean I have no mtv central if I reposition the dish???

thanks in advance for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

If you are picking up Astra 1's mainly German output your dish is facing 19.2E. For Astra 2 you need to position it at 28.2E. That's where the BBC regions are. I'm no expert but I don't think you can get MTV FTA on Astra 2. B4 it's a hit is FTA I think.

dbyrne - definately try www.satellite.ie - there is a young fella there called Anthony who is very helpful and they should have what you are looking for.

BTW - I do not work for satellite.ie!!!

• Advertisement

Yeah your defiently on 19.2E (Astra 1). If you move your dish to 28.2E (Astra2) you will get the BBC channels and a load of FTA Music channels but NO MTV. If you get a multi lnb arm and a disqec switch you will be able to add another lnb for recieption of both satellites!

snaps wrote:
    Yeah your defiently on 19.2E (Astra 1). If you move your dish to 28.2E (Astra2) you will get the BBC channels and a load of FTA Music channels but NO MTV. If you get a multi lnb arm and a disqec switch you will be able to add another lnb for recieption of both satellites!

you might even consider adding a motor for even more satellites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

as the rear of my gaff faces mainly south west ... is there any sat in this direction ..i've been out on my roof over xmas trying like crazy , [since i have a quad lnb on my sky dish i can get the other ftv channels thru that]..but nothing
    so far due south or westwards ...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

How fragile are the Lidl LNBs? I failed in my first attempt to setup my new system today but I only took a quick stab at it between the showers. The thing was I dropped my LNB before sarting, only a few inches to the ground. It doesn't sound like there's anything loose inside in it but I'm just wondering if its possibly broken that easily?

Seconly, I got a slight electric shock from the IF connectors on both the Satfinder and on my own cable. Is that normal? Would some moisture have got in there?

toonarmy wrote:
    as the rear of my gaff faces mainly south west ... is there any sat in this direction ..i've been out on my roof over xmas trying like crazy , [since i have a quad lnb on my sky dish i can get the other ftv channels thru that]..but nothing
    so far due south or westwards ...........
    There are some but it really depends on what you are after. Lyngsat has detailed info on the various satellites but if you want a more straightforward listing of the free channels then maybe Digitalsat.co.uk
    If you have Sky then you already have the most of the free English language channels as well. The next satellites most people tend to look for are the Astra1 cluster at 19.2E, which is mainly German programming and the Hotbird cluster at 13E which has lots of German, Italian, Spanish etc. Both these have a small number of English channels as well, and both have a good number of MTV and similar music channels. Your Sky dish is pointed at 28.2E so that should give you an idea of where the others are.
    Also it isn't necessary to mount a dish on a chimney or some difficult to reach point like that unless there is a risk of it being stolen or vandalised. Once you have a clear line of sight to the satellite it is ok to have the dish down low.
    trap4 wrote:
    How fragile are the Lidl LNBs? I failed in my first attempt to setup my new system today but I only took a quick stab at it between the showers. The thing was I dropped my LNB before sarting, only a few inches to the ground. It doesn't sound like there's anything loose inside in it but I'm just wondering if its possibly broken that easily?

Seconly, I got a slight electric shock from the IF connectors on both the Satfinder and on my own cable. Is that normal? Would some moisture have got in there?
    They shouldn't break that easily, though dropping them on concrete wouldn't be too good for them either as they are electronic devices after all. It is not unusual to get a bit of a shock if you cross the centre and the shielding of the F connector with your finger. There can be either 13Volts or 18Volts in the line from the receiver to the LNB when it's powered on.

Thanks. However I didn't cross the centre and shielding, I just touched the silver outer shielding of the F connector. I was up an aluminium ladder at the time but conditions were a little damp after a shower. Not to worry, I was just wondering.

Well, much to my amazement it took me only 3 minutes to tune into Astra 1 this morning. As someone who knew nothing about Satellite TV only a couple of weeks ago, before the LIDL offer came up, I am surprised at how easy it was to do an installation.

Of course there's no way I could have done it without the great help I got here on these forums so a big thanks to all those who posted excellent and detailed information.

Good stuff. Once you've got the hang of it you'll find it easy to tune in just about any of the receivable satellites using the same technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Moved my dish on Saturday (great day for it!). The main reason for doing this was to 1. To put it in a more accessible place; 2. to connect up new Lidl Comag receiver (new cabling etc.)

The Lidl sat. finder was brilliant- I would recommend one.

Two questions though-
    1. The Comag is showing signal strength of 93% on some channels (BBC's for example), but the digibox is showing only 60%. I presume the digibox reading is based on the default transponder- am I right on this?
    2. If correct above, what is the "best" transponder signal to set up as my default (is it as per digibox??)

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Anyone able to help me on this please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Anyone able to help me on this please?
    If you're getting your TV without any blocks or freezes in all types of weathers ie heavy rain I feel you should let default as is. AFAIK the signal meters on the $ky boxes are a guide and not to be fully trusted!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

well the gale force winds has completely bent the bracket so he dish is now facing down. i fear it might snap off and blow away luckily i live i a remote area so the chances of loss of life are remote....any one got any deas where to get a stronger bracket with preferably an arm which isnt as long as the LIDL ones

Washout wrote:
    well the gale force winds has completely bent the bracket so he dish is now facing down. i fear it might snap off and blow away luckily i live i a remote area so the chances of loss of life are remote....any one got any deas where to get a stronger bracket with preferably an arm which isnt as long as the LIDL ones

The channel master bracket is really strong and the arm can be adjusted to give minimum or maximum distance from the wall

Tony wrote:
    The channel master bracket is really strong and the arm can be adjusted to give minimum or maximum distance from the wall

thanx tony ordered and already shipped... hopefully the satellite will survive the night...i have it mounted on the chimey and i reckon i had it mounted too high on the chimney in the first place as half of it was exposed over the chimney pot.

also iis the disceq hard to install and will i have to use satfinder to find all satellites first or will diseq automatically be able to point the satellite in right direction?

I would think of taking it down for the evening ---- we are seemly in for a rough night of it!

• Advertisement

Velcrow wrote:
    I would think of taking it down for the evening ---- we are seemly in for a rough night of it!

not the safest weather to be climbing rooftops. i think its safe enough its actually in a positionm where there isnt much wind getting to it at all at all

Agreeded :) -

Doctor: What Happened?
    Washout: Well, you see some guy on boards told me to climb my roof and .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

A heap of dishes, receivers and LNBs were in Lidl Balbriggan today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saphire

Very good info posted here. I hope somebody may be able to give some advice .
    I'm a complete novice re satellite but purchased and installed the lidl equipment.
    I'm located on to astra 2 and have scanned in the channels via the remote control. Problem is that when i then try and view some channels such as bbc1 or bbc2 my tv screen goes blank and all hazy as if i lost my connection and the receiver lost power but this isn't the case. I would have thought that if i wasn't locked on to a station the screen would show a message such as signal is weak. The 2 led lights on the front of the receiver also remain lit. Using the remote i then have to key in a channel number such as for sky news and then the tv comes back to life, and everything is grand until i come across some other station which causes the same thing to happen again.
    Hope this makes sense to somebody.

Are u sure u are on Astra 2 - As this was happening to me - the box was preset with some channels like bbc 1, I could choose it, channel would lock ( 2 leds ) but show the blank screen and Signal is Week.

I solved mine by resetting the box to factory defaults -The language changes to Germany but don't worry just go back a screen and select the button with audiospreekinggggg ( apologies to my Germany teacher ) and then go scanning for satellites. Try scanning Astra 1 and Astra 2. If I am right you will only get back Astra 1 channels, if so then adjust the dish a LITTLE East to find astra 2.

Or I could be completely wrong :) Give it a go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement