Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gym opening hours over the xmas?

Options
  • 23-12-2004 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

does it reopen on the 4th like the library? and are there reduced hours....im thunking of ways to burn off the old xmas excess lol!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

afaik it is, i too wish tobe shedding the x-mas pounds and then some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

I've never been to a gym, looks like fun tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Chick wrote:
    I've never been to a gym, looks like fun tho :)

Oh yeah, great fun. Nothing like feeling completely unfit next to the guy who's been running on the treadmill since before you went in. Last week.

John2 wrote:
    Oh yeah, great fun. Nothing like feeling completely unfit next to the guy who's been running on the treadmill since before you went in. Last week.
    the gym wouldnt be what i'd call "fun", but i'd recomend it,

but. always bring a towel to wipe down what ever your using ( personally i cycle mostly, then use the treadmill)

only takes 5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

there's paper towel dispensers there for a reason

• Advertisement

wait no, I lied. I was on an excercise bike in a gym in a hotel, last year. Only lasted 20 mins/half an hour though. Pathetic :rolleyes:

20 mins? when i go i cycle 25 miles,

just bring you ipod or discman and lissen to the tunes, not very hard....

Yeah, lol well I'm the first to admit it was pathetic though! ;)

Didn't have my iPod then anyway. The bikes were all facing the pool, and the pool just seemed far more appealing, so I hopped off and went for a dip instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Chick wrote:
    The bikes were all facing the pool, and the pool just seemed far more appealing, so I hopped off and went for a dip instead
    swimming is great exercise too though, and much more fun imo :)

yeah definitely! excercise bikes r boring, if you really want to cycle then go on a real bike outside, get fresh air n whatever like while youre at it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Hey,
    I'm thinking of joining the gym in Trinity College.I've never been in it and was wondering is it any good?
    Does it have a good range of weights equipment(leg press/curl/extension etc.)?
    Also, how much is membership for a non-student?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

well it's the only gym i've been to (don't laugh) but its seems to have a relatively good selection. i think its about 150 a year for graduates of tcd.

Advertisement