Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help

• 23-12-2004 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone remember the song to the old e.s.b. ad when the guy is goes down the stairs for the milk for the baby. its wrecking my head trying to think of it.
    Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

all_fours wrote:
    Does anyone remember the song to the old e.s.b. ad when the guy is goes down the stairs for the milk for the baby. its wrecking my head trying to think of it.
    Kind regards
    Only You - Ringo Starr(?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 all_fours

Legend, spot on i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Only you can make this world seem right,
    Only you can make the darkness bright.
    Only you and you alone
    Can thrill me like you do,
    And fill my heart with love for only you.

I think thats the one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Apologies for bumping up this 1 but there's no point in making a new thread.

Anywho can sum1 tell me where I can find the cool anti-terrorist commercial (sorry @ least I think it was an anti-terrorist ad) honestly can't remeber what the ad was promoting or saying. It was out late 80's - mid 90's.

Y'all know the one where the father is a suspected terrorist out doing bad things, & not spending time with his kid. The kid soon grows up to bcome a gangsta too, while his old man is in prison.

The song reads
    The cat's in the cradle, yada, yada, yada

When you coming home dad I dont know when.
    We'll get together then son
    We'll get together then.

I know, pretty old school but it's still a classic. If y'all can get me the music, that wud be great but a video wud be even better.

Thanx in advance :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The song is Cat's in the Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Originally by Harry Chapin a very long time ago......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gaffer

Cats in the Cradle - Cat Stevens.

A child arrived just the other day. Came to the world in the usual way. But there were planes to catch and bills to pay. He learned to walk while I was away. He was talking before I knew it and as he grew ... Chorus: And the cat's in the cradle, and the silver spoon ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Cheers guys, that's it, any chance of a video of the commercial. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

definitely harry chapin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Yeah defo not Ringo Starr, he can't sing (or play the drums some might say) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Its Unchained Melody

Advertisement