Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow Celtic

Options
  • 23-12-2004 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Well thanks for your help everyone on my other post

Ive just one other question
    I intend to join a gym once I go to Belfast and I also do a lot a jogging.
    Looking through my wardrobe, I realised the only sports gear I have are GAA jerseys(Come on Tipp!!) and Glasgow Celtic gear.

I know from going on weekends to Glasgow to see Celtic that you have to be sensible, you cover your scarves and jerseys if your unsure of an area and avoid any trouble.

Is this a problem in Belfast also. For instance would it be unacceptable to wear a Celtic jersey into a gym?

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Personally I wouldn’t wear a celtic or a gaa in the city - especially if you dont know the place or the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Muzz

It wouldnt matter that much if you were in the city centre but if you were for walking towards the city centre from queens direction you walk past the end of the lisburn road where sandyrow comes onto it. You wouldnt want to walk down sandyrow in the shirt for instance. It also depends as to what gym you intend joining. The PEC (Queens Gym) is cheap and plus colours doesnt matter. (Truthfully there will be no Rangers shirts hanging about there). This would only be an option if you did live up stranmillis direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Buy yourself a Lions jersey .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sofarrell84

What do people think of RTE showing Rangers tonight?
    Traitors or good choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They can show any foreign team they like imo.

Wow, thread back from the dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

What do people think of RTE showing Rangers tonight?
    Traitors or good choice?

Surely there would be another match that would hold more of an interest. But hey maybe people want to see the looks the looks on the faces of the gers when they get put on and they know the Celts are already through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

The thing was that the teams in the other matches had already qualified, wasn't that it? The Rangers v Lyon game was shown because there was still something to be won or lost. That was my understanding anyway.

Micmclo, did you end up wearing your Celtic jersey round Belfast? Are you still here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

At least fess up that you just want to wear your Oirish tops. :)

If it's the only 'gear you have', you could buy yourself a t-shirt for about 2 quid?

As for wearing it, i wouldn't. The act of wearing it publicly in mixed areas of Belfast is just making a statement IMO.

edit: didn't see that it was a zombie thread, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jaysus, I started this thread 3 years ago

And you're asking me what I did then? Are ye mad or something? :eek::confused:

Advertisement