Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nokia Pc Suite

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

not i.....

the last update messed me about compleatly

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

I am downloading 6.41 at the moment. Why is the Nokia site so slow? (19kBPS/sec). I will try it on a 2-day old 6230. Little to lose. Will report any probs, but want to get any Bluetooth improvements they promise, so think it worth any risk. Presume I can roll back to the CD version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Did you have any luck with it Pat? I've got the same phone as you and was wondering if it suiteb, the last time I upgraded the software I couldn't connect with it, I used flashget to download the file and got 50Kb a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Hi Fabritzo,
    Not much time yesterday for quiet testing! Have installed 6.41 now and it seems OK. It discovered my phone OK and I have successfully synchronised.
    I am using a Tecom dongle to my PC.
    Maybe my hearing is extra-sensitive today, but the phone is making a whining noise for 3 secs or so every 20 secs while doing its Bluetooth thing. I know it made a similar noise before, but not as loud. But it doesn't seem to be interfering with operation. It's annoying, though, so I'll probably turn off Bluetooth until I need it.

[edit] I have turned Bluetooth off at the 6230 now, but the noise is still happening. Will try turning it off at the PC.
    [edit] Tracked it down to the dongle. Moving it reduced and eliminated the noise. Will need to find a fixed position and tape it down. So this is not a PC Suite issue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads,
    I am trying to connect my 6230 to the data suite
    I have the bluetooth blue sign thingno my desktop
    and have it paided and connected to my phone, do I have to setup mRouter or something so fool the pc suite into thinking its conencted to the phone via cable but really bt?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ahh com'n someone must have some idea..
    I read dub wirelesses help thing that was handy
    the new nokia suit thing has a different connection
    but i can only select com port 1 or 2 and the bt is on comport 4...

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Lenny - I have tried using Windows XP SP2 (using the MS Bluetooth stack) with a Nokia 6230 and you don't need to mess around with the COM ports or mRotuer at all. Make sure the Bluetooth dongle is plugged in and working. After you've paired the phone and PC, just leave the Bluetooth on the Nokia 6230 switched on.

Now right-click on the Nokia PC Suite icon (a small phone icon in the system tray) and select Nokia Connection Manager. Make sure "Bluetooth" is ticked. Right-clicking on the Nokia PC Suite icon once again, select the "Nokia Phone Browser" and wait until your phone appears in the list. Once it does you know the connection is being made correctly. You're now free to use the rest of the Nokia PC Suite application with your phone.

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

the new suite looks after everything itself instead of using mRouter / Serial connections (although the 6230 not being a Series 60 device wouldn't have used it anyhow) - when you installed it you should have been asked how you wanted to connect, one of the options being Bluetooth and then asked to specify what Bluetooth Implementation (e.g. Widcomm, MS XP SP2 built in) you are using...

you can try and do it manually following theotherent's suggestion of opening the 'Nokia Connection Manager' - highlight Bluetooth and click Configure...

Lads I have the connection made,
    even when I right click the bt thing and go to find devices I selected "floppy nokia pc suite"
    to connect to it and it did afaik, but in nokia pc suite connectiong manager when i go to select the phone I can't "configure" the usb option and even refreshing the phone doesn't show it up I may just go buy a data cable as I don'[t think im going to get it working at this stage :(

Hi,

When a connection appears to be made - do you have a Bluetooth option in the Nokia Connection Manager?

Btw - the datacable does work very well and it's many times faster than Bluetooth.

- Neil

• Advertisement

I downloaded and installed 6.41, and what do you know I can't see the bluetooth connection again, it must be due to the crappy belkin dongle I have. Not to worry, back I go to the original software that came with the phone.

In the phone selector I have a choice to select the phone via infra red, data cable or bluetooth
    I can only seem to click configure for the usb option(bluetootH)

It makes one feel like a computer retard doesn't it:) Did you get the original software working? If so, go back and use it, it's looks like they only changed a few colours anyway.

Nope, couldn't get the orgional software working either..
    I can send things via right clicking items on the comptuer and sending it..
    but can't send java games.. the .jad is java games for nokias ain't it?

Use the application installer to put on games using the jar files

I would but I can't get the bloody nokia pc suit to discover my phone :(
    will sending them to the phone just not work?
    also do you know any sites with downloadable games?

I'm looking on ebay for a data cable now, cheap enough..
    in the phone selector I see the usb option it says dku-5
    the data cables I see that it says are for the 6230 it says are dku-2
    is there any differance?

Duuno about the cables, I haven't used one, I'd assume most nokias use the same one, try www.mobilefun.co.uk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

captainpat wrote:
    I am downloading 6.41 at the moment. Why is the Nokia site so slow? (19kBPS/sec). QUOTE]

AAhhhhhhhh, 19k/second. Wahoo for LAN speed...

9560.JPG

Hi,

Lenny - It's the DKU-2 you want. I have it here beside me and it works perfectly with the Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6630.

It's my understanding that the DKU-5 won't work with the 6230 (or newer) as the wiring in the cable is different.

- Neil

• Advertisement

I just missed a bid for a dku2 and it was the only one going on ebay
    I saw a dku5 for sale, and it said it works with the 6230 and a few other models and 100% work with nokia 6.* versions
    will see when it arrives

Hi,

I wasn't sure myself but I had a good look around before posting and it seems there are two types of Pop-Port - and old and a new one. The old type seems to be used on a Nokia 6100, 6610, 7210 and 7250i - to name a few.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense now - as I tried my DKU-2 on a friends 7250i and the PC couldn't detect the phone.

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

theothernt wrote:
    Hi,

Lenny - It's the DKU-2 you want. I have it here beside me and it works perfectly with the Nokia 6230 and Nokia 6630.

It's my understanding that the DKU-5 won't work with the 6230 (or newer) as the wiring in the cable is different.

- Neil

I just got the 6630 today with the DKU 2 cable but PC Suite still doesnt pick up my phone. When i connect the phone windows xp gives that little noise to say its connected but the software i got with the phone doesnt pick it up. Do i need to download the one from the website or should the one i got work (of course it should really).

Hi,

Assuming you've just installed the Nokia PC Suite only, you still still need to install drivers for the DKU-2 cable itself.

You should be able to find the drivers on the CD you got with the phone. If not, you can try downloading them from...

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,48247,00.html

- Neil

I have the nokia cd, where bouts they lolcatd on the cd?
    thye aren't in the cheesy auto play and can't seem to find thm in the folders...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

HELP...

Well, My phone has connected to the PC just fine, just the new Suite is not connecting to the phone(Nokia 7650). It finds it in Connection Manager after about 25 seconds, i click next when it appears in the box, give it a new passkey, it now shows the phone in the Phone Selector box but won't refresh or let me OK it.

Would disabling it in startup, running windows and restarting the application after I have the phone connected to the PC help.

...and Im using Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Lenny - looks like I'm mistaken, you'll have to download the drivers for the USB cable from the Nokia web site.

neuromancer - The latest Nokia PC Suite v6.41 does not work with the 7650. Although this sounds odd - Nokia actually have different versions of the software for different phones. For your phone, refer to the Nokia 7650 Phone Support page

- Neil

I recieved my data cable today,
    worked the second I put it in
    not bad for 4 euro for the item and 4 euro shipping from usa
    won the bid on the 11th and recieved it on the 14th, thats fantastic speed
    can anoyne recamend any urls to some java games/apps to download
    also I am installing games straight through pc suit and i think they're installing on the phone, is there a way I can make them go to the meory card?

• Advertisement
Advertisement