Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Christmas

Options
  • 23-12-2004 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any Christmas shooting traditions?

I normally go out for some informal clay shooting with the family and friends during Christmas week all good fun except for picking up all the cases/wads/clays afterwards because it's usually in a grazing field :)

Will usually also go out for a crack at the pheasants with family members home for the holidays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

Club hold fox shoot every Stephens morning. I also try to get a couple of shots off at some clays with some friends as well as some duck shooting if time allowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I hope!!! :eek:

This just fits the thread subject so perfectly, I gotta post it-
    http://www.jingleshells.com/flash_content/flash_content.html
    365kb Flash media thing.

Don't let the sensitive kiddies see it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

My father and brother , and myself,used to go hunt deer every Christmas morning! It was always quiet with no-one about,and we'd get back for the dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

My father me and my brother like to go phesant shooting for about an hour Christmas Day while the turkey is cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Tut tut guys.Hunting on Christmas day.What Cads you are!! :eek: Dont you know that is actually illegal under church and old common law?It is the day the game is given a day of grace as well.
    Used to be a full weeks hunting in germany from stephans day to dec31st.
    Nowadays,take myself out for an eight mile walk up shoot on stephans day,
    and a social flake with friends at the clay piegons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Well, Christmas day is a day off and then Stephen's Day is traditionally a DURC shoot for ex-Captains and ex-Committee and ex-Range Officers, to try to keep a kind of esprite de corps going between the club and it's alumni. It's not been done for the past few years, but hopefully this year it'll be back on again!

Advertisement