Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prince Willy Wonka

• 27-12-2000 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I saw a *report* on Sky News there a few weeks ago. Basically it was a glorification on how he could laugh and joke with the commoners and chop wood without having a siesure, among other things was his inability to have a decent sense of music.
    That aside however, I had nothing against the bloke, he's probably going to take over from his father and all that jazz, but I just saw some photos on the tv of him, shooting pheasants for a good few hours. So with all the recent anti-bloodsport campaigns going around these days, I'd be against bloodsports in general, I think it's a bad move on his part, the public see him as different from his father but sure Charles goes fox hunting now and again.
    Not that him going on bloodsport outings is going to stop him becoming king or whatever, but it's not helping his public image.

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I thought this had something to do with Gene Wilder, but as im here i might as well comment.
    In that whole escapade when he went for an outdoorsy week, im pretty sure those "commoners" were either bodyguards, actors, or servants from their mansion.
    By the way does he become King when the Queen dies or WTF is supposed to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

as far as I know, Charles will become king, and willy boy will have to wait till Daddy croaks before sitting his ar$e on the throne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'm disappointed with the lack of umpalumpa references in this post.

As for the bloodsport thing, yeah I'm against it, but I reckon he's only doing what's expected of him.
    But if he goes fox hunting - I'll puke. At least shooting pheasants is a quick death for the fèckers, fox hunting is so drawn out and scary for the poor little fox. frown.gif
    (And before you ask; yes I've been a fox so I know what it's like.)

SONIC.gif

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 28-12-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

when i was a child i had intense fantasies about getting to visit that magical chocolate wonderland. mmmmm...fruity tasty wallpaper...the stuff dreams are made of. my God - why do we have to grow up eh? and i say - kill those foxes - they spread our garbage all over our land when we leave it out.

kidding. i like animals. you know why i'm a vegetarian? because i REALLY hate vegetables. heh heh heh.

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neuro-praxis:
    i REALLY hate vegetables</font>
    Ah now you're not being fair to the poor 'oul vegetables, maybe you'd like them if you got to know them better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Santa's a bit foxy alright

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

How dare you be beastly to those poor defenseless vegetables. The only proper proper course of action for any thinking person is to become a lithotarian.
    MMM fried shale or crunchy granite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

sometimes i lick the wall if that counts...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement