Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting on the Dow Jones/FTSE

Options
  • 23-12-2004 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Lately I've nmoticed that many online bookies are taking bets on where the Dow Jones/FTSE will end at close of business, They offer odds of a little less than even money for predicting if the index will be over/under a certain point (i.e today its 6/5 to be over 10825.00) and it is opening today at 10815.89.

With the pre-holiday rally, this seems to me to be a pretty good bet... Looking at the charts all week it is on the incline and I reckon it should easily close well up more than 10points...

any opinions on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Unless you know something that the bookies don't, it is unlikely to work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

thanks for the advice, just won €492 on the Dow over 3 days... evens money if you can grab it every morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

What Bookmakers are doing bets on Stock Markets, I can't find any............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

try vcbet.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 maherw2

I think vcbet.ie has stopped taking bets on the end day price.

They still take bets up until about 3/4pm as far as I know -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

If you know where the markets are going then why not spread bet on market indices...
    http://www.cityindex.co.uk/cityindex/spreads/markets/indices.aspx
    If you do, tell us your positions so we can all share your joy/pain.

Advertisement