Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New poles at Luas stations

• 23-12-2004 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

I was just riding the Luas from town today and I see that each platform on the green line has two new steel poles fitted. These are mostly still wrapped in plastic while they await fitting out but there is a complete one at Cowper.

It look like some sort of ticket validator. Anyone know more about these? I presume they are part of the integrated ticketing system?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh I was wondering that myself!?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

one of them has the terminal fitted to it although i wasn't getting on or off at that stop. they look like smart card readers or maybe they're for validating combined luas/bus tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Saw the one at Cowper. Thought it must have been a ticket validator. But there's these other ones that have no screens, they're just lumps of plastic, with circuitry in them.

Still don't know what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

DadaKopf wrote:
    But there's these other ones that have no screens, they're just lumps of plastic, with circuitry in them.
    Tut, tut, you been busting them open already? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Haven't seen them yet but reckon they are contactless smart-card validators if they are purple/pink with blue - that's them alright!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Heard one of the techie fellas at the station saying they're prepaid ticket scanners.

Advertisement