Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help to remove chokes

Options
  • 23-12-2004 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have a browning silver repeater which I bought second hand the gun is in very good condition expect that the choke that is in the gun can not be removed. :mad:
    I have tried soaking the barrel in oil to no avail. I am hoping that some one here might be able to help me or know some one who could remove the choke for me. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

What I've seen gunsmiths do is to soak the area in warm wd40, for a while.

If that fails you're probably due a trip to a gunsmith, you dont want to bend or otherwise damage the barell trying to force the choke out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

I know my Dad told me about once wedging a pull through in a rifle barrel and heating the barrel with a gas torch.I'd go slow and heat it slowly, but a shotgun should be fine once cooled again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Soak the choke in wd40 for 48 hours.you didnt mention what kind of choke it is;screw in get the wrench or a choke remover and gently work it closed /open on its threads.
    If it is a knurled screw in,get a lot of tape on the knurling and then a small vise grip and work it as above.Failing that a gunsmith is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

Thanks but I have tried all of the above. Anyone recommend a good gun smith in the cork area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I seen this happen to a beretta. The end result is the barrels had to be shortened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I brought my winchester to Tallaght rod and gun last year, they got it off but it cost E 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Try Coke, worked a treat on my grandfathers shotgun.. don't soke for more than an hour though

Advertisement