Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willy Wonka - TG4 Christams Day!

• 23-12-2004 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Well what can I say, it just wouldn't be Christmas without Dahl's good olde Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Its one of the best Xmas movies ever!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Yes theres only one Willy Wonka
    and it's not that infernal,stupid,money spinner that they are remaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 funkyniff

i love willy wonker ..i cant belive they have remade it...why mess with a recipie that works...
    my mum must hate it tho i use to watch it no stop as a kid...
    couldnt understand why all the grandparents slept in a bed tho as a kid i never met anyone apart from my parents who had to share a bed..
    but umpa lumpas are the best...
    and when violet turns violet is the best part...use to freak me out alot tho ....
    to love such a film:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

On at 9am, tomorrow!

Ya gotta be up early for this one folks. Its a true classic tho.

Didn't know that they were doing a remake, what a waste of money, would have been more in tere line if they continued on the story to The glass elevator story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

memphis wrote:
    On at 9am, tomorrow!
    Ya gotta be up early for this one folks. Its a true classic tho.
    anyone who manages to still be asleep on christmas morning at 9am is a lucky sod!
    damn younger siblings
    memphis wrote:
    Didn't know that they were doing a remake, what a waste of money, would have been more in tere line if they continued on the story to The glass elevator story!
    though Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator isnt exactly one of Dahl's best works and i hate to say it but the original started to show its age quite a while ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think it's great that they're remaking it..it's not as if they're gonna delete the previous one. Depp and Burton are Wonka fans and are merely creating a tribute. by the way you should all get the sountrack to the original it's genius with some subtle hilarity......"Just like you were born to be a wonkerer...." haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Actually..I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty bad.....awful music

Advertisement