Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Gets BB from a Tree.

Options
  • 23-12-2004 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Basically the tree fell on the local pairgain (called a RIM) and the now broken pairgain was replaced with something that could support BB and pass line tests and stuff .

Rather than ask Comreg or trouble Bobby you should follw the very clear instructions from the other side of the world , the advice is as follows.
    How to get broadband.
    1. Make sure your exchange is ADSL enabled
    2. Start talking to God.
    3. Ask God for a large (but not TOO large) gust of wind.
    4. Ask God to send that gust of wind straight into the tree which stands next to your local RIM unit.
    5. Ensure that God's aim is good.
    6. Voila! One big tree, one ex-RIM, one new CMUX!!
    7. Send thanks ... or beer.

We all know that God works in mysterious ways but at LEAST HE (she/it) WORKS , unlike those flutes in Comreg who would probably allow Eircom to charge the tree for installation, rent , hosting and access charges as it lay on the Pairgain. The Australian version of the IoffL Forum thoroughly enjoyed the story and its implications as we can see on their Board Here . Telstra are the Oz Eircom and a right pack of scumbags too .

I am praying that God sends packs of low altitude flying chainsaws rather than a gust or two. :)

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

liked the posts after the article
    Might I just say... classic!

And I'd just like to re-iterate that Whirlpool DOES NOT ADVISE, CONDONE OR RECOMMEND users trashing their RIMs for the sole purpose of getting broadband.

But a how-to guide will be posted shortly.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I don't think this could happen here. We have a rather unique forestry density and geography...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

well one could have a hunting accident and shoot it with a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

(damn someone took my avatar).

Smear some birdseed on the pairgain with sticky paste. Let the crows take care of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

damien.m wrote:
    I don't think this could happen here. We have a rather unique forestry density and geography..
    But I have another problem now,,

No matter how much I pray, it isnt going to change the fact there are no trees next to my local rim.

How well are rims insulated can I pray for a fork of lightning to make a direct hit?

Will I get in trouble for putting my hills hoist next to the rim 60ft high with silverfoil to scare the birds away, whilst carelessly leaving my 36mm copper core tow rope across my hills hoist and the Rim?
    or ...should I just move to a western democracy thats has adequate communication infrastructure?

• Advertisement
Advertisement